A tricky topic - sectioning

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Thanks for the great advice everyone - it's helped a lot.

Tina - I really like the reference to "strangely titled people" - that sums it up perfectly.

They should have a little leaflet or something that tells you all the people you can contact for help once you have a diagnosis - how anybody finds out anything without TP or the AZ society is beyond me.

Well, our GP has not been much better - he has agreed to see dad next Monday - one day earlier than the consultant!:eek: Urgent seems to be a word missing from most vocabularys I think!

On the plus side mum seems to have calmed down a bit since the weekend - they've had my dog a couple of mornings while I've been at work and he seems to be a bit of a distraction for her - it's also a good reason for dad to tell her they can't go to the shops twenty times a day because the dog can't be left on his own - she seems to accept this better than we're not going to the shops twenty times a day!

Well I'm going to get back on to Social Services today and be much more assertive - I have a couple of names in high places now and I intend to start using them - they always say it's who you know not what you know...

Wish me luck...!!!!:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We all wish you luck Kate and look forwards to hearing the reults of your assertiveness. :cool:

I love the dog anecdote. It shows your mother still retains feelings of responsibility. :)

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Kate

Good news that your mum has calmed down, though I agree that it's bad that you can't get an appointment until next week.

Good luck with the SW, agree that it helps to have a name to drop.

Let us know,

Love,