A tough week...

AztecCamera87

Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind the vent. If you do... tell me. It's all good.

Soooo, this week has been so tough. I'm off work this week (i work from home currently, so not much different). But this heat, oh my! It's been none stop giving water and calming dad down. On top of the heat we have the neighbours doing large home renonvations, im not going to complain, as it's been during the day... the occasional later finish, but it can't be helped. My dad though doesnt understand and calls out every now and then asking me to stop. Apparently it's me banging and crashing, even when sitting in his direct eyeline. Yesterday dad pooed all over his chair and floor, after i had just cleaned him up... i just plopped him back on the chair to take his nappy sack out to the bin. I was so close to shouting, had to leave him where he was so i could have a fag and cool down for 5 minutes. I vented to a friend who was just like, oh well, your dad changed your nappy as a baby. like thats the same thing, people just dont get it. (Not to mention he never changed me as a baby....)

I've contacted a local care home about respite, all good, they deal with diabetes and dementia residents, and seem pretty on point, but it seems it's going to be a whole lot of stesss sorting it out. I'm just looking for a week. But social services have been no help.

What can i do.

Last edited by a moderator:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Venting on here is good because we all understand. Ive found that venting to friends doesnt really work because they have no idea what we are dealing with.

I hope writing that lot down has helped a bit.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
How on earth is a parent changing their baby’s nappy anything like cleaning up your parent :( People just don’t know what to say so say the wrong thing I guess , they have no idea luckily for them . The heat has played havoc here with my PWD too , and our sleeping or lack of it . Respite sounds much needed, could you not do with 2 weeks ?

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind the vent. If you do... tell me. It's all good.

Soooo, this week has been so tough. I'm off work this week (i work from home currently, so not much different). But this heat, oh my! It's been none stop giving water and calming dad down. On top of the heat we have the neighbours doing large home renonvations, im not going to complain, as it's been during the day... the occasional later finish, but it can't be helped. My dad though doesnt understand and calls out every now and then asking me to stop. Apparently it's me banging and crashing, even when sitting in his direct eyeline. Yesterday dad pooed all over his chair and floor, after i had just cleaned him up... i just plopped him back on the chair to take his nappy sack out to the bin. I was so close to shouting, had to leave him where he was so i could have a fag and cool down for 5 minutes. I vented to a friend who was just like, oh well, your dad changed your nappy as a baby. like thats the same thing, people just dont get it. (Not to mention he never changed me as a baby....)

I've contacted a local care home about respite, all good, they deal with diabetes and dementia residents, and seem pretty on point, but it seems it's going to be a whole lot of stesss sorting it out. I'm just looking for a week. But social services have been no help.

What can i do.
You can ring adult social services & tell them you are at breaking point but first -
Ring your GP & ask them to support you in your request for emergency respite care !

You are entitled to this don't let them not help - if you aren't getting anywhere then ring your local councillor & vent to them.

Honestly it's not fair on you - plus baby poo is easier to clean up you can lift them up & wipe !
sorry your mates of no help at all & is totally clueless as to what you are dealing with.

Don't know how you do it .... i seriously can't do the whole dementia 24/7 carer bit.

sending big ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

?????