A tough and sad day - hospitalisation

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
After a bad night and exhausting morningI phoned NHS 111 and they sent a non emergency ambulance and I accompanied Pauline to our local hospital. She was looked after wonderfully from beginning and right through, as was I. The UTI is the main issue but her uncontrollable shaking is bigger concern it seems but certainly in the best place although house seems so empty this morning.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sorry to read this. The uti has run on a long time so well done on making the call.

Hopefully a good dose of iv antibiotics will fix things.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
So sorry to hear this, but Pauline is in the best place. I hope they get the problem sorted out pronto.
I hope her sons see that you've done exactly the right thing for their mother.
Look after yourself too.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry to hear this @Agzy. I hope Pauline`s infection will clear now and meanwhile you might be able to get a bit of rest yourself.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My OH got uncontrollable shaking with his recent UTI and that landed him in hospital too. I hope they can get the UTI under control quickly
xx

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I'm sorry to hear this. Pauline is in the best place to be treated for her infection now. I am pleased to hear that you have both been well looked after at the hospital, especially at such a stressful time.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Sending hugs your way - hope that the infection will now respond to a/b's. Take care x

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry to hear that, Agzy. You have both been through the ringer recently, but hopefully the hospital can help Pauline recover and you can get some rest between visits.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Now know the infection is very serious and caused by constipation of all things. It will be possibly 10+ days for her to be clear but she is, most certainly in the right place.NHS staff and doctors brilliant.