A Special Ceremony

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
We've arranged to have Mum's ashes scattered in the Church garden, in a couple of weeks and I've started thinking about what form the ceremony will take. We need to choose a couple of Mum's favourite hymns and one or two readings. I thought it would also be good if we could share some memories of her, even if it was just a few sentences.
I shall have a look for some photos of her, to take to the Church. I'm not sure how many people to invite, but I shall probably only tell the relations who live reasonably close.
I think I shall feel better and more able to cope after the service.
I've been feeling guilty for not making any decisions about where to scatter the ashes. The Crematorium is quite a long way from home and not in the local area, where Mum might have visited.

Kayla

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done, Kayla. You've worked out what you want to do, and what your mum would have wanted.

It's a lovely idea to have a service to scatter the ashes in the church garden. I'm sure it will be very moving, and will give you some degree of closure, as well as some lovely memories.

You've done so well to work it all out. I hope you're feeling a bit more accepting now.

Love and hugs,

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
It was Mum's Memorial Service this afternoon and we scattered her ashes in the Church garden. We had a couple of hymns, two Bible readings and some recorded music.

We bought a bench and Mum's name is on a brass plaque. It looks very nice in the garden and I think it is all as Mum would have wished.

In the springtime there are some daffodils planted in the grass which grow in a cross shape, but they can't be seen the rest of the year.

I feel as if Mum is at peace now and we can remember her as she used to be, rather than as a frail invalid.

Kayla

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Kayla,
I`m so pleased it all went well for you. You will have good memories of the farewell to your mother, and her bench will be a lasting memory. I hope you feel comforted.
Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Kayla

I'm glad the memorial service went well, and the ashes were scattered in the church garden.

Your mum is at peace, and you can now relax and remember her as she was before her illness. It will be lovely to sit on her bench among the daffodils in spring, something to look forward to.

Keep in touch,

Love,