A song - and a cake!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I hear you, Scarlett. That desperation will lessen. Yes, it'll take time, but things will ease; and for now, just do what you feel you're capable of. Don't rush things, but also, do not just sit and stagnate. That only makes things worse. You need other people sometimes, and something to grab your interest. It's why I built my music studio. Took a long time, that did, but those who come here now, notice it straight away and it gets conversations about my love of radio going :D

By the way, Scarlett. How is that foot?

Well, I had 2 hammer toes straightened on My Left Foot, which were also badly bent by arthritis. The one next to the big toe, and the one next to that. The first one could win X Factor - it's marvellous! :D Straight, smooth and gorgeous. The second one is worse than it was before. :eek:

Not only is it still bent, but it meanders at a strange angle, towards the smaller toes. I have found wonderful comfort this summer by wearing sandals, with Velcro, that have a strap around the heel, and another across the front of the foot, below the toes. I always swore I would never wear these, but needs must.

Thank you for asking. :)

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Well, I had 2 hammer toes straightened on My Left Foot, which were also badly bent by arthritis. The one next to the big toe, and the one next to that. The first one could win X Factor - it's marvellous! :D Straight, smooth and gorgeous. The second one is worse than it was before. :eek:

Not only is it still bent, but it meanders at a strange angle, towards the smaller toes. I have found wonderful comfort this summer by wearing sandals, with Velcro, that have a strap around the heel, and another across the front of the foot, below the toes. I always swore I would never wear these, but needs must.

Scarlett, I have also had to resort to 'those' sandals to cater for my bunions, both feet, and arthritis in my big toe on right foot. Today I had to go to a work meeting and look half decent so had to ditch the Velcro and squeeze my size 8 sometimes 9 feet into proper shoes. I can't tell you what a relief it was to take them off when I got home!! Sorry that the op on your third toe didn't go so well, will they offer a second chance or is that it? xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

I wear those sort of shoes. Bit of a 'needs must' sorta thing! Find them very cosy to wear :)

What a shame about the second toe. Can't imagine what the after-op experience must have been like :(

Will you try again to get that one sorted?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hi Chuggalug and Jinx. No, I have decided to have no further operations. My knee is far better than it was, my grotesque bunion has gone, and though my feet, that on my wedding day, slid into beautiful, narrow, size 6 pointed satin shoes, with "diamond" hearts, now have to be encased in these size 8/9 Velcro thingies - that's life.

My grand-daughters cannot get their feet into those wedding shoes, which I have lovingly kept, so goodness knows how I did. My torn rotator cuff in my right arm will also not be operated on this year, and I may postpone it indefinitely.

But - I have just had a manicure and pedicure, with an "in your face" fuchsia varnish, and if you ignore the lumpy arthritic digits, my fingers and toes look gorgeous. :D

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Well done Scarlett, best to accept what we can't change and embellish where possible. Fuschia varnish sounds very uplifting! xxxx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I got planters heels mmmm yr or so ago somehow , needed to support foot better initially as kept wearing daft very flat shoes:rolleyes: now live in trainers , I can't find enough arch heel supporting sandals so hot feet it is :D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I had my first singing rehearsal today, and I absolutely loved it. It was for 2 and a half hours, with just a 15 minute break. We were give printed sheets of the lyrics, and the songs were all well known, and jolly. :) The time just flew by.

About 20 ladies, and half a dozen men, and everybody qualified for a bus pass - as do I. ;) Several ladies introduced themselves, and other people, to me, and I'm really glad I've joined. Sunday afternoon and evening doesn't seem so bad now that I've been occupied this morning. :)

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
So glad you e joyed the singing group, Scarlett, nice to have something to look forward to. Are you working towards a performance or is it just for fun? xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Sounds lovely Scarlett. Glad you enjoyed it. Are you rehearsing now for a specific event?

Oh yes! We have "gigs" in November and December! One is a tea dance and the other is a Christmas concert. Apparently, they have about half a dozen events throughout the year.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Slightly apprehensive about the Afternoon Tea. Correction - worrying a lot. Daft really, but yesterday, after saying "how do you do" to different people, nobody was concentrating on me, or paying me the slightest bit of attention - we were all singing.

This afternoon's jolly is in someone's garden, and I'm anxious that people will look at me, scrutinising each gesture, judging every single thing I say, and not like my top, or the colour of my nail varnish!!

If someone else was posting this, I'd be a font of advice, telling them that it would be fine, and not to worry, so why can't I take my own advice?

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
If someone else was posting this, I'd be a font of advice, telling them that it would be fine, and not to worry, so why can't I take my own advice?

Because we never do!

It is so hard, I find, going out into a group of people, especially if I think they're going to be sympathetic!

I'm sure you'll look good, and other people may well look, thinking how good you look.

Try to relax a little. Thinking of you. J x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts