A small donation ....a bigger victory?

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Well, one UK bank, at least, is reviewing its procedures!

Significant quote from their HO response to my complaint re their handling of mum’s EPA …. (previous thread for anyone wants to read it http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/TalkingPoint/discuss/showthread.php?t=5580)

“Although the handling of issues such as an Enduring Power of Attorney is not a frequent occurrence, there can be no excuse for our obvious lack of efficiency and professionalism.”

(Yippee! :) THAT was the exactly the point I was making ……)

Would maybe have liked a little more reassurance about exactly what they plan to do to make sure no-one else suffers the same way I - and mum - did through their ‘obvious lack of …’ :eek: but I’m settling for the £100 being credited to me ….. ‘as a measure of the regret over the distress we have caused’ ….

So, a hundred smackeroonies on the way to AS - with a specific request it goes to funding TP - without the advice and support from TP and various members over the last twelve months I still would be floundering (still am - but at least not in terms of EPAs :) ) …

Thanks all of you ….

Love, Karen, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Karen, that must have made your day. Well done. Sometimes a fight is worthwhile and success is sweet.
With love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Karen, well done!

Not only a major victory over the might of the banking world, but £100 so soothe your feelings.

And how generous to donate it to AS, when I'm quite sure you could have put it to good use yourself.

What a star!!!:) :) :) :)

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Well done you!!!!!!!

Never doubted for one second that you'd scare the life outta the banking world!:D :D :D

I'm sure a well deserved bottle of liquid grapes will be cracked open tonight.................have a glass for me! Enjoy it, you deserve it!;)

Love Alex xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Didn't post for praise - but thanks anyway - just wanted to encourage others that sometimes there is a time (when we find the time!) to make complaints ..... and raise awareness ....

Personally hate the 'compensation culture' we live in ..... £100 - yup - could find some good use for it ten times over in day ...... but it wasn't mine in the first place .... and it can go to much better use than a certain bank's shareholders :rolleyes:

(and mum already got that humungous bunch of flowers!!!!! ;) :)

Yeah ... feel good - it was worth the effort ..... still a bit surprised the bank didn't bill me for having to read five pages of diatribe!!!!!:D

:) :) :) Karen, x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Karen,

What a result!! Just geting a big corporation to admit they were wrong is a huge achievement and one for the man/woman in the street.

Well done for that and for donating to TP.

Indulge yourself and feel proud! And thank you for making me smile:)

Sue xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Karen,

Don't forget to gift aid your donation. May as well get a contribution from the tax man as well as the bank.

Now, who else can we have a go at..........?

Love,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
It gets better!!!!!

Been trying to donate 'on-line' all evening - but 'justgiving' has a problem with its credit card operator .....

Perhaps I should complain???? :D

Settle for sending a good old-fashioned cheque in the morning ...... ;)

Karen, x:D :) :D

Helena

May 24, 2006
Congratulations Karen

"Lack of professionlism " boy will that be my phrase now when I go into bat with Nationwide they have caused me months of grief both with the EPA even registered and after death and have physicaly cost me £600 in legal fees and delays in probate along with a lot more besides

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Congratulations on your success and on inspiring others to fight for their rights. Donating your hundred pounds to TP is a very generous gesture and appreciated by all of us who benefit from TP. Thanks a milion! Nell