A sad day

dunfermline

Aug 25, 2010
My dad passed away at home this morning at 1.15 am. We were all with him - all my brothers and sisters and my mum. His awful struggles are over and he is now at peace and free from anything that hurt him. I think we are all shell shocked and running on auto pilot - so many things to have to do and arrange - no doubt once all this is done, it will sink in and the grieving process will start. We are all cried out right now, bleary eyed and desperately tired having sat up with him for several nights but there is a strange calm hanging over us. Dad was such a wonderful man, he was my hero, right up to the end, I will miss him so badly, his cheeky grin, his humour, his knowledge and his love. My dad, my best friend, my hero. 19/10/1929 - 26/10/2011. We love you.

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Dunferline

So sorry to hear about you dad's passing. It was lovely that all the family were together with him. I'm sure this will give you much comfort in the months to come.

When my dad died, I too was shell shocked but also felt the "calmness" that you describe. Deep down we know that our loved one is no longer suffering and out of reach of this awful disease.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love Carina x x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am truly sorry to hear this; I feel your pain from your post. Words of comfort are hard so I just offer my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello dunfermline, I am so sorry to hear your sad news about your dad.

Turbo

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Dunfermline

Sorry to hear of your Dad,s passing,please accept my condolences,my thoughts are with you all,take care Marian xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Dear Dunferline, So sorry to hear of the loss of your precious dad, but glad he is at peace and free from AD.Hope all your loving family are given strength in the coming days . Pam

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Dear dunfermline,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your father.
I know you will all be in shock for some time, but I do believe that you will be comforted knowing that he was able to come home to you all.
My heartfelt sympathy to your mum, and all of you.
Wishing you peace and strength for the days and weeks ahead,
sleepless x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa