A revealing tail

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
I've spent the past month getting well from a little Gastro trouble with 4 days in A&E in the middle. As I get better, it has just dawned on me that I have not spared a thought for my beloved mum & dad. not a thought, not even a tear. I cannot even recall speaking to them whilst in hospital.

This realisation does not worry or distress me in any way, but what I now find fascinating is that the distraction of my illness has been beneficial in this respect and I think brings home to me the most basic truth that work is the best antidote for sorrow. Or in my case something to distract me. It finally convinces me that dwelling on such things has not been good for me and in future will follow the advice of setting aside a certain time for reflection then concentrate more on my present and future!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No one wants to be ill @Greyone and illness, especially after loss, is so common with carers once they have time to look after themselves.

I hope you are feeling much better now and will be able to bear in mind what seems to have been a revelation.