A question about Assesors and Care Co ordinators.

Porfan

May 28, 2014
Hi

Can anybody tell me if the Care Coordinator and the Assesor can be the same person during a CHC MDT assesment process?

Thanks

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Porfan
I know there is a thread specifically dealing with CHC and there may be something on there - or no doubt someone else will have the knowledge I lack
sorry not to be helpful myself

Last edited:

count2ten

Dec 13, 2013
Hi

Can anybody tell me if the Care Coordinator and the Assesor can be the same person during a CHC MDT assesment process?

Thanks

Yes,the assessor and care co-ordinator can be the same person, as long as they are a registered health or care professional, but there should always be at least two assessors and ideally would involve all the multi disciplinary team. It is always better that the assessor is someone who knows the person but this is not always possible if the assessment takes place in an acute hospital situation, as is often the case, but family and any other interested parties should be asked to contribute as well. There is always the option to challenge or appeal against a decision and ask for a full assessment (DST) to be completed even if the checklist does not indicate this. Checklists are not always to be relied upon as an accurate reflection of the situation, which can change from day to day. This link might help.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/Documents/E...and_NHS-funded_nursing_care_fcs.pdf?dtrk=true

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet