A promise kept, a journey ended.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Helen, I'm so sorry to hear your news about your mum. Please accept sincerest sympathy to you and your family, and well done for being such an inspired and inspiring daughter. Love Deborah

janew

Mar 28, 2005
Dear Helen,

Just wanted to add my condolences to you and your family.

Love Jane

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
Helen

just wanted to add my condolences to you and your family thinking of you at this very sad time

take care
donna xxxxx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Helen, I can never think of any helpful words for a time like this, but I hope your grief is tempered a little by the relief you must feel that your Mum has reached the end of her journey, which was so difficult for you all.

Best wishes

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Helen,

I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your Mum.

She will always be with you, looking out for you and loving you.

Take care,

Hugs

M
xx

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Helen,

A long journey for you all but glad your mum found a peaceful end. Thinking of you and take care....

Love
Craig

Carolann

Apr 19, 2006
Nottinghamshire
Dear Helen.

Thinking of you, your Dad and all your family at this difficult time.

I was with my Mum when she died last October, and I was talking to her, holding her hand, and stroking her hair - I never thought I would be able to do it, but I think I was very privilged to be given the opportunity to be with her at the end of her suffering from this horrible, cruel illness.

Of course you will be upset and miss her dreadfully, but I also found a great relief that Mum was out of her misery, not only Mum but all the family who had watched her suffer.

Take Care and Look after yourself.
Carolann

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Helen, so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your mum. Deepest Sympathy to you and your family. Take Care. Taffy.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Helen,

So sorry to hear your sad news but I am happy to hear you were with your mother to the end. You have fulfilled your promise to her and that must be a great comfort to you.

Love
Joanne

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Helen
I am so very sorry about your Mum, but she is released now, from this horrible disease and you were with her at the end and kept your promise. Youcould do no more.

Look after yourself and Dad now

Alfjess

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Helen,
Thanks to you and your Dad your Mum's terrible journey was managed as well as anyone possibly could. Now she is at peace, thank goodness. May you find comfort in knowing you were able and willing to fulfill that long ago promise, right to the end. Take good care of yourself and your Dad. Sending you compassionate wishes.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Helen and family

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, you were there for her as promised.

You are a very kind and caring lady, look after yourself, love to you and your family at this awful time.

Kathleen
x

dolly gee

Mar 9, 2007
merseyside
Amy said:
Hiya all,
When my mum went for the third time to the GP to discuss her failing short term memory - I think it was in 97 - the night before I made her sign a letter promising to go to the doctor, and I promised that whatever the outcome her family would be there to support her to the end. Without the letter she would not have remembered her promise to seek help.

Today I was able to keep that promise, as at 11am she died peacefully, I was lying on the bed holding her, and dad was sitting holding her hands.
I am glad that her body and mind are now free - it is a long time since they have been so - but I will miss her so much.

Love Helen
Helen i am so sorry you have lost your mum ,i lost my mum and sister the same way but god willing with time the pain gets easier god bless keep in touch dolly gee

LuluB

Jul 11, 2007
Leicestershire
Dear Helen,
I send you my sincerest sympathy at this very sad time. I hope you will take great comfort knowing you were able to keep your promise to the end.

God bless you and your family,

LuluB

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Mum's sad passing

I am relatively new to the site, I don't know your story, but it is obvious from the number of people who have offered their condolences that you have had a difficult time, and at the end were able to be there with all your love and compassion, just as you said you would be.

I am no adviser at all, but to be able to express an intent to be there, and to be able to carry it out, is all credit to you, and I guess she knew that you would, which would have been a great comfort to her.

I do hope that some people who have now lost their loved ones continue to contribute to the site, though I also appreciate that you might prefer to put it behind you and move on in your life, as you must.

Well done for keeping your promise.

Love

Margaret

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Helen,
Take care of yourself and enjoy your few days away with your Dad. You will return refreshed and feeling more able to cope.
I know it is hard to deal with everything at once, as I feel that I'm just emerging from a dark tunnel after losing Mum nearly two months ago. Suddenly the world is now looking brighter and I've been thinking of the happy memories from the past, instead of all the Nursing Home memories.
For the first time since my Mum died, I bought myself some cut flowers for the house and I've been enjoying some beautiful pink gladioli, as well as some pot plants which have come into flower. We've also got my daughter's wedding to look forward to next year.
I hope you will soon feel better and more able to cope, especially after the funeral on Tuesday. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.
Kayla