A promise kept, a journey ended.

Tina

May 19, 2006
Helen, I'm so so sorry. I know you will miss your mum very much, but I'm glad you will find a little comfort in knowing you were able to keep your promise and were there at the end with her, and with your dad. My heart goes out to you, I feel for you and with you and yours. Your mum is freed of all the suffering now and at the end of what was a long journey for you all. Thinking of you.

Much love,
Tina

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Helen

I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love

Jennifer

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
Helen,
So sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.
Kaz

Claire

Mar 31, 2004
Coventry
Dear Helen

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and your family. Your mum is free now.

Take care

Claire

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Helen, I'm so glad you were able to keep your promise to your mum. It's such a privilege to be there as someone leaves this life, especially when they have suffered as your mum has suffered.

Your mum is at peace now, and I hope you and your dad can continue to experience the peace you felt in those last hours together.

With great sympathy to you both,

Love,

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Helen

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum but how lovely you were able to keep your promise and be there with her.

Love and hugs

Linda x

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Helen,
I am so sorry that your mother has passed away, but at least she is now free of suffering and it must also be a relief for you to know that her journey has ended. It may become harder for you in the weeks ahead, as I find that now I'm remembering my Mum as she was before she became so ill and I'm missing her more.
I have been feeling so sad and low these last few weeks, but now there seem to be things to look forward to in the future and my Mum would have been so pleased that my daughter has become engaged.
I think we can remember our Mums in our children's lives and in all our happy family memories.
We are all thinking of you in this sad time.
Kayla

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Dear Helen

So sorry to hear about your mum's passing. You have been so caring.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Amy said:
I am glad that her body and mind are now free

Helen, your love for and dedication to your mother have always been so evident and the manner in which you have shared your journey and the fulfilment of your promise to encourage others here so positive .....it does not surprise me that you see this time in such a light ...... and as always from your mother's perspective and not your own.

I can barely conceive of caring for such a length of time and maintaining the hopefulness you have shown ....

God bless your mum. Special love to your dad and your boys ...... most of all, look after yourself .....

Much love, Karen, x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to hear of your Mum's passing - as you say you have fulfilled your promise and she is now at peace with no suffering. Your care and dedication to her and your Dad have been a wonderful example to us all.
Thinking of you at this sad time Beckyjan

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Dear Helen,

I am sorry to hear your news but I am glad that you were there, as you had promised.

Thinking of you and your family.

Much love from Hazel.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Amy said:
Today I was able to keep that promise, as at 11am she died peacefully,Love Helen

Dear Helen,

It has been such a long hard struggle for you and your dad. You will have nothing to regret.

With love and in admiration.

Whiskas

Oct 17, 2006
Corby
Dear Helen

So sorry to hear about your Mum. You did a wonderful thing for her and for your Dad. Take care of yourself now.
Cathyxx

Josh

Jun 24, 2007
Nottingham
My thoughts are with you,

So pleased that you were with her till the end, it must be a great feeling to know that Your mum is finally at peace.

thinking of you, Much Love

Josh
- x -

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Helen honey

You said "I spent a long time with her when she died, It was so hard to leave her in that room, I didn't want to leave her"
Helen honey........you didn't leave her in the room, she left the room with you. She's with you now......... in your memories, your thoughts, she'll always be a part of you..............she's your Gardian Angel now.

Sending my greatest respect and admiration for a lady who battled dementia for almost 15 years and for a daughter who gave her best.

Much love
Alex x

Last edited:

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Dear Helen

My heart goes out to you, what a journey you and your mum have endured, and you have been there for her, right until the very end strong and sure.

My hope for you is that in time, the ravages of recent years dim in your memory, to be replaced by those of better times, happier times, whole times.

Sending you, your dad and boys a massive hug, be brave, take time to heal, be kind to yourself.

Love and respect

Cate xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976