A problem and how to solve it

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
i wonder if anyone has had this problem. My husband has a bucket by the side of the bed which he uses during the night, I have mats down to protect the carpet which are regularly changed and disinfected, but I need to find something to protect the wallpaper as his aim is not good. I wondered about some kind of screen just to place behind the bucket, but would be most grateful for any other ideas.
Regards hard work.

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Many thanks for yr replies and yr suggestion izzy, I do have two of the bottles, but Rod gets out of bed and uses the bucket without my help, I've tried the bottle during the day and even with my help doesn't do too well so now we have a bucket downstairs also. It's a case of what works, but thanks for yr suggestion. I think I will try to find some kind of screen.
Regards Shirley/hardwork

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi @Hard Work what about a sheet of acrylic .the type that's see through you could blue tack it to the wall .the sort you get from say a hard ware store .it may be called a oven splash back .placed standing on floor upright behind the bucket and attached to the wall it would be there but not intrusive maybe ? .

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I bought a carpet protector from
Amazon which was very effective at that stage and could easily have been used on the wall with some tacks.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
How about a puppy pad which could be selotaped or blu tacked onto the wall & will be absorbent so should absorb any 'runs'. Lightweight so should stay in place & not pull off wall. Just the issue of using sellotape may take wallpaper off!

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Many thanks to everyone for your replies and suggestions.
Just an update I've found a firm on the internet who do acrylic sheets with rounded corners sized to your specification so I'm going to contact them. I'll update with progress later.
Regards Shirley/hard work.

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Puppy pads all the way! Cheap and cheerful. Small enough not to be too invasive yet large enough to do the job, even if you need to tape a couple together. Look for the cheapo ones in the Poundshops and give them a go. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Oddly enough - these (along with economy sanitary towels and a bit of card and bubble-wrap) are great for packing delicate stuff away during redecoration / refurb / house move. I recently packed and unpacked 173 framed pictures utilising a mish-mash of the aforementioned goodies with only one small bit of damage. Puppy pads also brill for using between crockery bits. And collectibles. But then I'm going off-topic so apologies.

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Just an update. Managed to find a local supplier and now have a sheet of clear Perspex to protect the wallpaper. Working well at the moment so problem solved for the moment.
Thanks to everyone for your advice and suggestions
Kind regards Shirley/hard work.