A positive update on mum

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hi everyone.

Well you know that we took mum to the doctors about a month ago and they put her on a mild dose of anti depresent tablets to help her with loosing dad. Well, the difference in her is incredable.

I started noticing it the middle of last week. She is jollier than normal, she is smiling lots, she looks so much better, and even yesterday when I was due to go and see her and I had to phone because I wasn't well, so couldn't go over, she was just wonderful. She told me to stay in the warm and look after myself. I phoned her during the day, and even though she was on her own, she had such a positive outlook. Normally she would have told me how bord she was and really low, but no, she told me she was doing a jigsaw and was just happy relaxing.

It is a pleasure speaking to her on the phone now. Yes, she is still forgetting things, and we are still having the same conversation over and over again, but it is with a jolly attitude.

I have may day off with her tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. I don't know what we are going to do, but I will think of something fun, and anyway, I just want to be with her.

I am so pleased that I have joined TP, and I thank you all for all your support and care. I love having a place where I can talk and find understanding when times are bad, but also I really do love sharing the good times with you all too.

Love

Michele xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I have may day off with her tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. I don't know what we are going to do, but I will think of something fun, and anyway, I just want to be with her.

So glad for you both Michele. Hope you both have a really lovely day together.

Bevreavement is hard enough under any circumstances, and coupled with this illness must be a perpetual nightmare.

So glad that you obtained help for your dear mum. Thanks for the update.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What lovely news Michele, and just think, if you hadn`t worried so much about your mother and gone all out to help her, she`d still be in the same state of depresiion.

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Michele,

That is good news about your mum. I hope that you are feeling better.

Hope that you both enjoyed your day out.

Take Care Taffy.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan