A positive Post

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Well.......today I've taken mum into respite again......just until Tuesday but to a different place this time(the respite centre would not take her back due to mum attacking several members of staff:eek: )
The SW arranged this and mum is in a EMI home with nursing care.....
As soon as we walked in mum was greeted so warmly by a member of staff.....and other staff that we met were just so lovely.......
Mum has a lovely room where she is welcome to stay if she prefers or she can wander around to the lounge whenever she wants......there are handrails everywhere for her to grab on to as she walks......
While I was completing all the paperwork we were brought a pot of tea and about 10 biscuits(mum scoffed 6!!!)
i was still filling in the forms and mum announced "well I'll be on my way now"......Oh dear I thought .....but off she trundled to the lounge where i left her looking very contented.....
i just feel so relieved!!! This is one of the homes i was planning to look at after Christmas with a view to future permanent care.....
it's absolutely spotless,has no smell and the residents look so clean and happy....
I realise its just first impressions but I have never come accross such a friendly caring bunch of people......
I think I'll sleep well tonight ..........
Tomorrow i can have some "me " time ....along with wrapping pressies,going shopping,putting the dekkies up.........what joy:) :) :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Wendy

Congratulations! How lovely to have found such a good place without even looking for it.

I do hope your Mum enjoys her respite, it will make things so much easier for you in the fiture.

Enjoy your "me" time.

I've some positive news myself. We've finally been allocated a day-care place for one day a week (three months after being assessed for it). We're going to visit tomorrow, and all being well will start on 29th Dec!

He.nceforth it will be referred to as "John's lunch club!"

Cheers,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
"Me time" takes on a whole new definition, doesn't it?;)

Thanks Wendy, for sharing that news.....

'Chuffed' for your mum... 'chuffed' for you ....:)

Love, Karen, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Wendy, What a lovely feeling it must be for you to leave your mum in such a caring place. You know how well she`ll be cared for, so I hope you can make the most of your free time and really enjoy the break. love Sylvia x

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hiya Wend

Its good that your mum's in a nice place this time...........now you can relax and enjoy the weekend ahead!........bit of chrissy shopping, nice nights out........life's short........go for it!

Love Alex x