A poignant moment

MITCH

Dec 21, 2006
Cheshire
Hi,

Popped into see my oldies yesterday - Dad was struggling to work out his bank statements. So I offered to help him, but I needed to see previous bank statements. He told me where they were kept so I went there to root them out. As I was looking through all his papers - I came across a lovely little note card that my Mum had given to him (quite recently) (Mum has AZ). It made me smile and yes brought a little tear to my eye. Just nice to know that there is love there still - even though they keep it hidden. It must have been nice for my Dad to have received this card out of the blue. He doesn't say much, you never really know what his true thoughts and feelings are - but I guess it was the way of that generation - Mum's 78 and Dad's 80.

I thought it was a poignant moment - after 60 years of marriage and this awful disease.

TTFN x:)

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
It is said that the best gift we can give our children is to love their father (or mother - depending on which partner you are!). This is still true for we "children" in our 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond! Cherish this lovely moment! Nell