A peaceful end

Django21

Sep 19, 2021
My dad lost his battle with this terrible disease on Monday, he was in hospital for 3 weeks after having a reaction from the flu jab. He walked out to the ambulance chatting away...not that it made any sense...but hey I was used to that. Then it began, a very fast deterioration, not speaking, agitated and aggressive, being sedated and sleeping constantly, got the dreaded phone call on Sunday to go in, I stayed with dad all night playing music and chatting to him , then came the rattle. Monday morning brought more of the same more chatting and singing (sorry dad) then at 9pm something changed with him, there was a sudden calm, I laid on dad's bed my head next to him and told him all the things I needed to say, 20 minutes later he took his last breathe, all the pain and suffering gone and finally at peace. I feel lesser to have shared those last moments with him and its giving me a much needed strength.
I'm sorry to have waffled on but I just needed to get the words and feelings out and I knew that you lovely people would understand. If you are going through similar at the moment stay strong and I'm sending you lots of love and thoughts xx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So sorry to hear your sad news but heartened to hear how you were both together to the end. I’m sure you will cherish the memory as sad as it was. I take great comfort from being with my husband until the end.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss of your Dad, take care and treasure your memories

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hello @Django21 So sorry to read of your loss, I too chatted away endlessly to my dad and played his favourite cds near the end. I wasn't able to be with my dad when he passed in January but only for a short few minutes around four hours earlier as he had a covid positive test result the day before. It greatly limited the time I could be with dad that day but I had been able to spend a few hours with him each day prior to his last day which I am truly grateful for. I think/know your dad will have had comfort you were there as I'm really sure my dad could hear his music. Its said hearing is the last sense to go. I'm glad you had the chance to say everything you wanted to and that its given you some comfort. Will send you a virtual hug ?

Cazcaz

Apr 3, 2021
@Django21 i know we all sound like parrots. All saying the exact same thing. But I hope you believe us. We are all sorry to hear of your loss and glad you got to be with him at the end.

Im sure he was peaceful knowing you were there and you can rest knowing the same.

Sending hugs x

karenbow

May 24, 2021
so sorry django to hear about your dad,being with your dad at this time and the way you were next to him he will have known you were there and it will have given him great comfort, im so glad it was peaceful for you and that although truly sad you were both together where you would want to be x

Django21

Sep 19, 2021
Thank you all so much for your lovely words, I have taken great comfort from people's kindness. Xx

Peace lily

Jan 30, 2020
So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your dear dad @Django21 . I'm glad that his passing was peaceful and you were able to be with him. Wishing you peace and strength. Take good care of yourself x