A notice for users of our mobile app: app update on Friday 28 February

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Just to let everyone know that we’re going to be updating Talking Point’s mobile app this coming Friday, 28 February.

There are several bugs in the current version, and the new version should be more stable as well as being easier to use. Serena and I have tested out the new version, which offers better options for browsing and searching.

I’ll post again when the update has been carried out. You are welcome to post any questions you might have about using the app, below. :)

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
The Talking Point mobile app is now in the process of being updated.

The updated Android app should be available in the Play Store later today. The iOS version should be available in the itunes app store in the next few days.

If you have any questions about using the updated version of the app, please do post them here. :)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I used to be able to choose the size of my photos,that I download, small, medium and large on my mobile now it just downloads in a great big one and doesn't seem to give a choice to reduce it, is this something new or is it me or my phone,

Best wishes, Jeany

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Looking at other peoples photos it seems that they are all big now I am not keen I like to be able to choose the size ,

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've never been able to choose when posting Jeany but always reduce via editing or Paint on the computer before doing so.
However, I daresay the app is different.
I haven't tried to post a picture from my ipod so don't know.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Are you on android Jeany? My iOS app hasn't updated yet.

Yes, with the app it is/was easier to resize pictures. In fact I'd usually go to the app if I wanted to post a picture.

I can't pretend to know why it might not be there anymore, but I'm sure Katherine will raise it with the techies.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Saffie it was just on the app you could chose the sizes not on the laptop it it just popped up and you could chose before it was downloaded but now it just automatically goes big and sort of panoramic I don't like it as much,

Thank you Sue that's what i usually do cos it was easier on my phone than using the laptop but it seems as though it is no more:mad: I have a iphone,

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Sorry you're having problems with re-sizing your pictures, Jeany. :( I'm not sure what's causing these as I'm fairly sure the iOS app hasn't updated yet. I can ask our tech guy if he has any ideas, but it's possible the problem isn't connected to the app.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Can someone else try it please I have a few times and it is just the same, it is strange that it has happened in the last few days does any one know what I am on about ?

Sorry should have said thank you Katherine :)
Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Anybody experiencing problems could try an uninstall/reinstall of the app.

Sorry if that is done automatically but I only have laptops/desktops running various flavours of Windows and Linux and I see no reason to install Android. My mobile just does text and voice, nothing smart about it.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I tried reinstalling but it's just the same I won't be putting any more pics up until I can get the automatic resize back there is no other way of adjusting the size from the iPhone ,

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Testing out posting a picture using the Android app...

What I did was to:

- Go to this thread

- Click on the '+' symbol at the bottom left of the screen

- The next screen that comes up has a space to write a message in it

- Click on 3 dots in the top right of the screen

- The first option that comes up is 'Attach picture'. I then selected this (rather cute and very old!) picture of my dog Harry, from the gallery on my phone. :)

The internet is very slow in the office today, but I will try and put together some screenshots soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Talking Point mobile app

Attachments

• 1393849503691.jpg
    1393849503691.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
View attachment 39191

this is the only size that I can get on,

This is the rose that daughter bought me on valentines day from her dad I can't believe that it is still so lovely today

Last edited:

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
View attachment 39192

I click on the little arrow at the top corner and then chose reply and then click in the photo thing and it used to give you a choice of sizes but now it just downloads the one size,

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Anybody experiencing problems could try an uninstall/reinstall of the app.

Sorry if that is done automatically but I only have laptops/desktops running various flavours of Windows and Linux and I see no reason to install Android. My mobile just does text and voice, nothing smart about it.
So Nitram, are you saying that you use the app on your computer?
I just go straight to the website
Why do I need the app?

I use it on my ipod though of course.
(Thanks Jeany, now I know how to attach a photo on the ipod - I think!!!)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife