A Nice Salad Roll

Clive T

May 4, 2015
Worcestershire
When mum gets into the kitchen the results can be very...well, nouvelle. After frying potatoes with dried fruit and soap a few weeks ago, I've just caught her preparing a roll, carefully and liberally coated with salad cream and nothing else. Not a very exciting filling, and when I say roll I don't mean a nice bread one. I mean kitchen roll. Eating one sheet of that would be more than enough I imagine.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
And here I was worrying that the dinner Im cooking wouldnt taste very good
At least its all edible.........

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
When mum gets into the kitchen the results can be very...well, nouvelle. After frying potatoes with dried fruit and soap a few weeks ago, I've just caught her preparing a roll, carefully and liberally coated with salad cream and nothing else. Not a very exciting filling, and when I say roll I don't mean a nice bread one. I mean kitchen roll. Eating one sheet of that would be more than enough I imagine.

I know you shouldn't laugh 'but you do better in your position to have a good sense of humour
Perhaps she's been watching Master Chef
Thanks for the post
jimbo

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
I thought it was bad enough when FIL with dementia took a piece of garlic bread (leftover from the night before) slapped on some marmalade and ate it!
Mind you FIL never was a fussy eater...

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Last thing I saw MIL cook before she came to live with us was a boiled egg. BUT because she could not remember what time she put it on she had the egg out far too early and the egg was raw. But she still ate it and dipped her toast in it

1954 x