A new thing 'for us'.....bit strange....

DaisyG

Feb 20, 2006
North West England
We've been having lots of ups and downs this past week, and it's been draining.
We are back to getting up at 4-5 am, then refusing to go back to bed.
Breakfast has been at around 6am, but then he needs lunch at 10.30....

YESTERDAY, he did something new and weird, once he was sitting at the side of the bed, he REFUSED to open his eyes, and screwed them shut TIGHT.
No amount of coaxing would help him to change his mind....

I was a LOT concerned and took his BP, which was OK, (probably better than mine at that point). I thought he may be having a bit of a TIA, or possibly a new version of a SEIZURE.

He sat on the side of the bed, with head down and eyes shut for 20 + minutes.
FINALLY, he decided that he would like a shower, but still REFUSED to open eyes.

He walked to the bathroom (with a lot of help), shut the door, and went to the loo. Called me back in, to say he was ready for his shower, EYES still shut....
Got him settled on the shower chair, and started shower.
Took an absolute age, as he would not open eyes to see his way.

AT SOME POINT, he opened his eyes like 'it was normal'.

He said that he had no pain in his eyes... nothing.

He's already partially sighted, but this was a new thing for us.

Has anyone had this happen to them?
And if so, what on earth was going on?

Take Care

DaisyG

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I don't know what is going on , but I have seen my mother eyes screwed up shut tight for a while , but not as long as your husband did

Sorry can't be of any more help xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Daisy

I can empathise with the time problem. John also is getting up very early, demands lunch at about 10.30, and by 1.30 is demanding to go to bed! I don't know when we are expected to sleep!:(

I've never experience the eyes closing problem though, I've no idea what that's about. But you do have all my sympathy.

Love,

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
The only thing that came to mind was that perhaps he might have thought that if he closed his eyes, it would all go away, but that if he opened them it would still be there.:confused: