A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad your day was a good one Sylvia. I know many of us will be appreciative of your thoughts on this most difficult of days for you.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
In loving memory 26/6/32--16/1/14

I Thought of You Today

I thought of you with love today
but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday
and days before that too,
I think of you in silence
...I often speak your name
All I have are memories
and your picture in a frame
Your memory is my keepsake
with which I’ll never part
God has you in His keeping
I have you in my heart
jimbo

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I'm glad you had a good day and I feel the candles for TPers are extremely poignant reminders - especially of when you and Helen lit those on the Ganges for Dhiren. xx

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Goodness Sylvia I can't believe its been three years. I had to go back and check the date when I read someones post :eek:

Dhiren had such a lovely cheeky smile. You must miss it very much :)

I'm glad your day went well.

Kim xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, I am so sorry I missed your post on the 16th. It is hard to grasp that it is three years, time is so swift. I often think about you and Dhiren.

Like Lyn, Dhiren’s lovely smile is ever with me. Indeed, as LadyA has said, a smile that lights up all around him. A beautiful photo of Dhiren.

Canterbury Cathedral a special place of peace for you to be. I am glad you were with friends and had a good day together. Thank you for the candles for those recently passed. Appreciated.

The time you and Helen spent in India must be precious to you in many respects. So fortunate that you were able to take Dhiren’s ashes there as he wished.

Jimbo's poem is moving. I know what you mean about the ‘picture in the frame’.

My thoughts and love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Loo , Jinx, jussiejus and Nanak .

It`s really comforting to know so many on TP related to Dhiren and recognise him for what he meant to me.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Another first.

I've done theatre trips alone and today I went to the cinema by myself , encouraged by Izzy's successful trips. I really wanted to see Lion and didn't want to wait for it to come on television or to buy the DVD.

It's a very small local cinema and I was the first in. I was told if no one else came the film wouldn't be shown because they won't show to and audience of less than two people Thank goodness another woman came and then a mother and daughter. I think we were 6 in all.

I loved the film. I missed some of the dialogue but still managed to enjoy it. The first of many trips I hope
39f23d6d031566e570a14b9decde1fc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Another first.

I've done theatre trips alone and today I went to the cinema by myself , encouraged by Izzy's successful trips. It's a very small local cinema

Well done Sylvia! I'm proud of you! I must admit I prefer the smaller arts centre cinema if I'm going by myself. Have you managed to find out if they do any showings for the hard of hearing?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Sylvia! I'm proud of you! I must admit I prefer the smaller arts centre cinema if I'm going by myself. Have you managed to find out if they do any showings for the hard of hearing?

Thanks Izzy.

I've edited my previous post to show a photo of the cinema. I wouldn't call it an arts centre cinema, more like shabby chic ;) but it's local and very convenient.

I forgot to ask about showings for the hearing impaired. I must admit, the beginning of the film, using sub titles was a gift and I did struggle with the second half . At least there was no awful background music.

Anyway I'll certainly go again now I've taken the first step.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
Good for you, Sylvia. Its strange, isn't it, that going to the cinema by ourselves is a difficult concept to get our head around, when in fact - unlike a pub, café or restaurant - its the one of the few public places where you positively don't need to chat to a companion.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Good for you, Sylvia. Its strange, isn't it, that going to the cinema by ourselves is a difficult concept to get our head around, when in fact - unlike a pub, café or restaurant - its the one of the few public places where you positively don't need to chat to a companion.

It is, but it's still quite nice to be able to share views about the film with someone afterwards. But well done Sylvia for taking that step. xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.