A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
How true Sylvia, that Helen really was a ‘people person’.

The Metta Prayer is lovely as is its meaning of Loving Kindness.

I find great comfort in the dementia poem I chose for Henry’s funeral. Especially the second verse and the last two lines:

Remember me as I used to be.
Think of me; remember my smile,
The love we shared, linger a while.
‘I am at peace now, I am me,
At rest for all eternity.’

Yes Helen is free now and at peace. She will always be remembered by everyone who knew her, be it virtually on TP, or face to face, whose lives she touched. She did give Loving Kindness.
Love
Loo xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Eternal rest for Helen, and for us, memories of the help and support she gave to us. I will never forget her kindness to me.

Love to you Sylvia x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
So sorry that Helen had such a fight to find eternal peace, may you Sylvia and her family remember the good times you all shared with her.
X

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Helen has left a lot of happy memories.
Even though I didn't meet her she was a great support.

I have been wondering about Linda Sylvia. Did she see Helen in those last few weeks?
I know Helen always worried so much about her.
Do you know how she is?

Kim xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Kim

I`ll be staying in contact with Linda`s carer who says Linda is OK but upset at times, angry at others and in denial at others.

All the staff who work with her are being very supportive and she was taken to visit Martin and Mandy on Tuesday which helped. She also spoke to another sister, who lives on the continent, on Skype.

She made a card for Martin saying `sister is a star in the sky`.

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I`ll be staying in contact with Linda`s carer who says Linda is OK but upset at times, angry at others and in denial at others.

All the staff who work with her are being very supportive and she was taken to visit Martin and Mandy on Tuesday which helped. She also spoke to another sister, who lives on the continent, on Skype.

She made a card for Martin saying `sister is a star in the sky`.

That is sweet. She has had a lot to contend with and try to make sense of. She is obviously looked after very well. I'm glad you are staying in touch with her carers :)

Kim xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh bless her. It must be so hard for her. It is lovely that you are staying in touch with Linda. Thinking of you and Helen's family x

Last edited:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I also wondered about Linda and so appreciated your latest posts Sylvia. Thank you. Good to hear you are keeping in touch, Helen was devoted to Linda, her care, and as you say closely involved with Linda’s care.

Helen and her family and you continue in my thoughts and heart.

Love
Loo xx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Sylvia

I have read the news about Helen several times and just didn't know what to write.

Helen was an inspiration to so many of us on here. She helped me with my Grandad, and offered advice about other matters too.

Her positivity and willingness to share the experience of her own illness and experiences gave us all the encouragement to 'seize the day' and live in the moment.

I will miss hearing about her. I think about her, and you, often.

Please pass on my very best wishes to Martin, Mandy and the rest of Helen's family. Love to you too xxxxx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sylvia, I hope all is well in your world, and that you are managing to enjoy some of the sunny weather remaining to us this autumn.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Deborah. All`s well.

I had a lovely text from Martin and will see him when he comes to Sandwich to pack up.

I started back at SW today and will get back to Yoga and Tai Chi this week to regain some equilibrium.

I`ve also booked to see La Cage au Folles when it comes to Canterbury, but that is not till January , and The Lion King in March. :)

I hope all is well with you Deborah. xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh I love Cage Au Folles. One of my favourites! Glad things are getting back on an even keel for you Sylvia.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Good to read that you're getting on with some enjoyable things to look forward to, Sylvia. It's nice to be spontaneous, but I think routine must help too, and familiar faces seen on a regular basis must be comforting.

You take care...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Anne.

I`m having a bit of a delayed reaction to Helen`s death. The initial relief has gone and now I`m experiencing a real sense of loss.

I also think Helen cushioned my reaction to losing Dhiren. She knew Dhiren and came with me to visit him each time she came to visit me. She loved Dhiren. We shared much and gave each other so much support. I could talk about him whenever I wanted and she always understood and she would share her memories of Alan too.

I`m also suffering an allergic reaction to an insect bite. I was bitten when I was at the hospice in the middle of September, sitting in the sun by an ornamental pool and fountain.

The itching reaction , the same as I`ve had before, in the same area, elbow to wrist on the same arm, came perhaps a week later and although I`m taking antihistamine it`s no better. I`ll have to see the GP next week as I`m losing sleep , waking up scratching, and feeling generally rough.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I think it is entirely to be expected that you would suffer a reaction to Helen's death, Sylvia. You shared a very special bond but in addition you held yourself together when you were there with her when she was suffered so dreadfully during her final weeks. That was bound to have an effect on you later and later has arrived.
Just try not to do too much and only do what you want to do. Grief will not be hurried as you already know so well.
I'm sorry about your bite. Could it be infected now? I hope the GP can help. xxx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I would expect you would react to Helen's death now reality is hitting home.

You two shared so much over many years, fantastic times, but also supported each other when things were difficult.

Tying the memories of two people you have lost must be so hard.

I could do all the usual platitudes, but I think only time will lessen this hurt for you.

Love and hugs xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Saffie and Helen.

I`ll be fine. I know what`s wrong and am practised in acceptance, however difficult. You both have your own problems and I know you understand.

The first comment on this thread is `now it is about me` and I`m grateful I have somewhere to come. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.