A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Now I like raw onions, especially the red ones - but can't eat them now.
They are supposed to be extremely good for you and used to be known as the poor man's meat!
It sounds a very vegetarian-unfriendly diet. However I had real problems eating out in Germany too when my daughter was living there. No offence to our German friends here and this was in the early '90s when things weren't that easy here either!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've lost a long post detaining yesterday's food when the TP site was playing silly beggars .

I'm enjoying the challenge of a different diet, porridge made with water instead of milk, herbal teas , no sugar or even sweeteners other than honey.

M is very considerate of my likes and dislikes, eg no cheese, shellfish, avocado or salad cream/ mayonnaise , the cooking and combination of food is very different but tasty .

She made a delicious cake, no recipe, no weighing out, just 'throwing ingredients together' using buckwheat flour, almond flour , honey, oil, fruit and nuts. It gets tastier by the day and is lovely and moist.

M has also made her own fresh herb infusions which have cleared our colds, coughs and tight chests.

Last edited:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
M has also made her own fresh herb infusions which have cleared our colds, coughs and tight chests.

Hi Sylvia,

Glad you are getting used to the food. It all sounds very healthy.

I would love to know what herbs went into the infusion as I've woken up with a nose that is running like a tap. Have you decided what you will be doing today?

Love

Lyn T XX

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I'm glad to hear your colds are better Sylvia, and would also be interested in the infusions?
And your diet is sounding much better with the additional info. Enjoy!

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
I've lost a long post detaining yesterday's food when the TP site was playing silly beggars .

I'm enjoying the challenge of a different diet, porridge made with water instead of milk, herbal teas , no sugar or even sweeteners other than honey.

M is very considerate of my likes and dislikes, eg no cheese, shellfish, avocado or salad cream/ mayonnaise , the cooking and combination of food is very different but tasty .

She made a delicious cake, no recipe, no weighing out, just 'throwing ingredients together' using buckwheat flour, honey, oil, fruit and nuts. It gets tastier by the day and is lovely and moist.

Morning Sylvia, glad you are enjoying your holiday with your friend. Sorry you have had colds. Would be very interested to know what herbs went into the infusions that cleared them away quickly.

I must say my DIL makes delicious cakes with the ingredients you mention. It's just a matter of getting used to the taste. Can't say I would enjoy porridge made with water :eek:

Hope the rain clears up for you soon.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We woke to sunshine but now it is foggy. We are quite high so the sun may be out lower down.

I will try to find the names of the herbs for the infusions. I know one is a flower which has to dry in the sun .

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The name of the herb is Common Mullein ( Verbascum ) and a tincture can be purchased from health food shops.

M has asked me to tell you even though this is a herb , it should still be taken with caution because too much could damage the liver.

M is registered and has studied herbs and essential oils for years so please be careful and seek advice.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Wow. That cake sounds amazing. I love fruit cake of any kind. And I bet it wouldn't bloat you like one with wheat flour.
Glad you are enjoying yourself Sylvia. You deserve it! X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sights of the city. ImageUploadedByTalking Point1475907912.851125.jpgImageUploadedByTalking Point1475907978.036610.jpgImageUploadedByTalking Point1475908003.825423.jpgImageUploadedByTalking Point1475908053.065972.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Yesterday I had a tour of the city.

Bratislava is the Capital of the EU for this six months and the city was on high security alert due to an event which must have been attended by many VIPs. There were police all over the place .

We did manage to see the sights though and a beautiful city it certainly is.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Enjoying your photos.

Going to show my ignorance (or age) and say whilst I knew all about the Berlin Wall, I didn't know that the iron curtain was a physical structure. I was born in 68 so long after it went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09