A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Wishing you a well deserved break Sylvia, enjoying your friend's company and exploring her homeland.

Thanks for keep us well informed, so much appreciated.

I am not sure if Helen is moving to the hospice today... I do hope when ever it is that all goes well for her and that Mandy and Martin can recharge their batteries and feel confident that she is in good hands. May the medication which has helped her be herself again and end her mental torture continue to do that.

I am not on the Facebook Helen's Group as unable to get there. There's nothing in 'messages' referring to it. I am not good on FB and don't use it regularly other than to keep in touch with younger family. But that's by the way....

Thinking of Helen and family, may she find peace, and of Sylvia - bon voyage.

Love to all
Loo xxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hope I'm not too late to say.....have a lovely trip. Enjoy the differences, the sights and the smells:rolleyes: recharge your batteries, and come home well, ready to face the winter.

Love and safe journey....Maureen.x.x.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks all. I'm at the airport now, far too early but that's ok. I'm making use of one hours free wifi.

I had a message from N. Helen back in the hospice and settled.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Excellent news, Sylvia! Hoping that Helen remains settled.

I'm always early at airports too, but rather that than having to rush!

Enjoy your time with your friend and the chance to explore somewhere new...:)

Safe journeys.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
That is good news about Helen, and I'm sure will put your mind more at rest, knowing that her needs are met without any further stress on Martin, Mandy and N.

I hope you have a wonderful break, something you truly deserve. Try to relax and have fun. xxx

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Have a much needed rest and thankyou for your updates you must feel a little bit of releaf knowing Helen is back in the hospice x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Just had a quick read of the latest posts, and I gather Helen is now at the hospice, which will hopefully be of enormous help to all concerned. And I also gather, Grannie, that you're at an airport, waiting to fly somewhere on holiday.

So, have a lovely holiday Grannie xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Just had a quick read of the latest posts, and I gather Helen is now at the hospice, which will hopefully be of enormous help to all concerned. And I also gather, Grannie, that you're at an airport, waiting to fly somewhere on holiday.

So, have a lovely holiday Grannie xxx

Bratislava.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've had such an interesting afternoon visiting the River Danube exactly at the point where the fence called the Iron Curtain was erected. ImageUploadedByTalking Point1475678293.742834.jpg

Note the stony path. That was the site of the Iron Curtain.

ImageUploadedByTalking Point1475678382.340876.jpg

This is the monument to those who were shot trying to escape.

Tonight we are going to the ballet. It is the story of Nijinsky. It's my first ballet.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I heard yesterday Helen was very confused, thinking she was in hospital for an operation and asking for her mum.

I have asked today but haven't heard.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry that has still not found peace. Thank you for updating us.

The photos are lovely and how interesting! I think the ballet sounds lovely. I've only ever been to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.