A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Such a hard conversation for you, and probably just as hard to post on here about it.

So sad for Helen, her family, and her friends such as you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a difficult conversation Sylvia.

I know you're going away soon and I hope you are able to relax a bit and enjoy the company of your friend. You have done so much for Helen and her family. A true friend.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m posting so much about Helen, firstly because she was such a well thought of member of TP who gave such sound support to so many and everyone`s feedback and concern has encouraged me to post, and secondly because her end of life care has developed into something which is out of most people`s experiences.

With hindsight I should have posted on the Thread Helen started about her illness but I had absolutely no idea it would become this horrific saga and now it is too late to change.

Next week when I`m away I`ll be staying with a really lovely friend and I know we will have some quality time together. She is looking forward to showing me her home country and I`m looking forward to seeing as much as I can.

I`ve a few appointments the week I come back, which is as far ahead as I can look.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The latest from Mandy

Mum was troubled again [ during the night] apparently. She was highly anxious and needed meds. The night nurse had to hold her hand till she fell asleep.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I`m posting so much about Helen, firstly because she was such a well thought of member of TP who gave such sound support to so many and everyone`s feedback and concern has encouraged me to post, and secondly because her end of life care has developed into something which is out of most people`s experiences....

I am so grateful to you for doing this, knowing it's heartbreaking for you. I can't emphasize how valuable it is to post about end-of-life as it really is. That is what Helen did when Alan was dying and it helped to prepare me for my own experiences with my parents' deaths. I am certain that she would be posting all this herself if she were able.

I hope her peace comes soon and it is a pain-free peace. x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
With hindsight I should have posted on the Thread Helen started about her illness but I had absolutely no idea it would become this horrific saga and now it is too late to change.

Poor Helen, it is indeed a horrific saga. Unbearably difficult for all of you and so cruel for Helen.

I too am so grateful to you, Sylvia, thank you. It cannot be easy for you. As Soobee said, Helen would probably be posting it all if she were able. I also was helped by Helen’s bravery and realism writing about Alan’s death. Helped by Helen in countless ways.

She must often have thought about her death, knowing her condition was incurable and a poor prognosis. It is not as she probably imagined, hoped for - expected.

I have no words either, it is so cruel that it is like this. I can see more clearly why people are torn between the agony of impending death and loss, and longing for the person they love to be free of their terrible suffering.

I don't know what to say… keep hoping for peace for her, a gentle sleeping away.

Thank you again Sylvia for writing as you do at what must be an extremely painful and upsetting time for you.

Love to all
Loo xxx

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I do sympathise with you, Sylvia. It is not unusual for end of life to be protracted in this way though. Sadly there will be many people going through similar distressing scenarios, but we are not good at sharing the harsher facts surrounding death, and can therefore feel unprepared.
As others have said, by sharing Alan's death and now her own, Helen may help us all to accept that sometimes death is not straightforward and there are not always answers.
Wishing for peace for Helen, and continued strength to all who love her. xx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Sylvia, cannot express my sorrow for Helen,so wrong she is in such a dark place,hope she sees the light soon,and wishing peace for her,her family and to you a true friend x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I have followed Helen's story daily, even though I haven't posted. Words fail me and sorrow takes over, that Helen, Martin and Mandy are having such a horrendous time. Poor Helen really doesn't deserve what she's going through.

I'm glad to hear that you are holding up Sylvia and I hope you have a lovely break next week. J xx

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I have followed Helen's story daily, even though I haven't posted. Words fail me and sorrow takes over, that Helen, Martin and Mandy are having such a horrendous time. Poor Helen really doesn't deserve what she's going through.

I'm glad to hear that you are holding up Sylvia and I hope you have a lovely break next week. J xx

Exactly, Jan. xxx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I dont post often but do follow, I'm pleased Helen has had some good sleep .
Enjoy your trip Sylvia , I know your mind will be elsewhere but with a good friend will certainly help you now xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I agree that it's good to post about the reality of end of life care. It's painful to think about, but a reality that so many face - and I agree with Sleepless too.
Wishing Helen every peace. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sillymom23