A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I hope Helen had a better night, also Martin and Mandy some much needed rest with night sitter/s there. Tremendously difficult for them, the practicalities apart they must be emotionally wrung out.

I also hope you had a better night Sylvia.

All of you are very much in my thoughts and heart. Oh for gentle deep sleep for Helen and freedom from pain and discomfort.

Much love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Have a lovely time Maureen. :)

My mobile rang. It was FaceTime. I refuse to do FaceTime but it was Helen so I just couldn`t ignore it.

She was trying to contact me but went to FaceTime by mistake.

She looked dreadful. She has lost so much weight her face is thin and drawn with a yellowish tinge.
She could hardly speak and I could hardly hear and fortunately Mandy rescued us and I phoned Helen on the landline.

She said she does feel rested but no better. She sounds as ill as she is.

It was obvious she needed a connection and so I told her if she is still here when I return from Bratislava I`ll go back and stay with her. She said I should`t bother as she has nothing to give.

The carers came and Mandy took the phone. She said the carer last night phoned for the district nurses three times, Helen was in such pain. When the nurses eventually arrived Helen has gone back to sleep . It happened each time.

Someone else came then so Mandy had to end the call. I hope to speak to her again later this afternoon.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a cruel end to Helen's life. I wish she could find the peace she so needs no so deserves.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
She said I shouldn`t bother as she has nothing to give.

Poor, poor Helen, she is still entitled to receive though and she does from you very much Sylvia. It must be so hard for you both and of course Martin and Mandy and Linda. I do so hope they can get her pain controlled.xxx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I can't imagine how hard this must be for everyone, especially Helen.

For someone who was so full of life to feel they have nothing to give is so very sad.

x

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
It seems so cruel that they can't get the pain relief right. Surely if they could in the Hospice they must be able to?

Sending love to you all x

Lin x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
It seems so cruel that they can't get the pain relief right. Surely if they could in the Hospice they must be able to?

It sounds like poor Helen is jaundiced which means her liver is failing which metabolises the drugs so it makes it very difficult to manage.:(

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Helen has dealt with each new challenge of this diesease with such positivity and courage. How sad and unfair that she is still having to struggle so much.
Love to Helen and to everyone trying to help her. xxx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
This sounds too cruel. Even if Helen is in liver failure her pain can be controlled better than this.

It's always a fine balance though between controlling pain and utterly zonking someone.

Poor Helen.

I do wish she could drift into an easy, beautiful sleep and float away on the clouds.

Not sure when you go away Sylvia, or whether you'll be keeping us updated here. Hoping you'll be ok.

Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've just had an hour on the phone with Helen. As with all seriously ill people we've been covering familiar ground and I can only give a taste of it in bullet point style.

She feels really rested.

Many and Martin are wonderful.

The nurses and carers are wonderful.

The pain has been excruciating.

It's hard when friends disappear. ( meaning me)

Will we be able to resurrect our friendship.

Have I heard from anyone.

When am I going away.

Mandy is like a fairy.

Can I post on TP to say she is ill.

Can I post on TP to say thank you.

How is the family.

The doctor is wonderful.

She can't stand.

She is too ill to watch the soaps.

She can't get out of bed.

She doesn't know she is on medication.

She doesn't know how it will end.

How am I

What am I doing.

She doesn't think she can stand.

She didn't want to end the conversation.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I read this earlier, couldn't think of a single word to say in reply.

My thoughts now are that if we didn't love our friends and family so much, losing them would not be so hard, but the world would be a sadder place without that love, it is what makes us who we are xx

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
How terribly sad. This is just heartbreaking. Although there is nothing anyone can do. I hope they are able to sort out the pain meds. Helen shouldn't have to suffer pain.

Kim xx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Oh Sylvia.

I, too, am lost for words. I just hope they can find some way to make Helen more peaceful. She doesn't deserve this. (((Hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.