A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think the temperatures are similar to here Kim.

The problem for me is not what to take but what not to take. I have difficulty travelling light. :rolleyes:

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Me too :/. Each time I travel to the UK I swear I am going to cut my luggage by half but I never do. And I always come home with half the stuff unworn :(

Kim

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Very sensible suggestion, 2jays!
Maybe something for the bottom half too might be good. Don't want to get a chill in your kidneys! :D

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh yes I remember my Grandma saying exactly the same to me :roll eyes: and also being told not to leave my vest off. Those were the days :D:D

Ah yes, grandmothers and not sitting on stone walls - and vests! I well remember those warnings, amongst others!

I hope the insect bite is easing Sylvia, they are a nuisance. Especially if they disturb sleep.

Thanks for saying how you feel, I know what you mean about self protection mode/ denial of sorts as others probably do too.

I’m another who never did travel light!

Helen and family ever in my thoughts, and prayers.

Love
Loo xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hmmm packing

I think I've got it down to a T - (and vest :D)

Imagine that you have to carry the suitcase without any help or aids like a trolley

Soon concentrates your mind :D

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A text from Martin clarified what the doctor said.

It could be two or three days or two or three weeks, confirming what the hospice doctor said about the unpredictability of organ failure.

She also said she'd be surprised if Helen was still with us when I get back from Bratislava on the 10th.

Martin and Helen had a bad night. Martin was up five times during the night because Helen was in so much pain. More drugs have been added to the syringe driver and she has still not eaten.

They are having a night sitter tonight and maybe two or three nights a week. There is also some talk of Helen returning to the hospice .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How sad, Sylvia.

I can't help thinking it would be better for Helen and her family if she went back to the hospice.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
So sad to hear this Sylvia , maybe Izzy is right as in the hospice she have Doctors available and a speedier pain relief . Thinking of you all xxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its good to hear about the night sitters - Martin needs that sort of support too.

I hope the increased drugs help Helen through the pain and hopefully she can sleep peacefully.

Its a remarkably difficult journey for Helen and Martin, Mandy, you and other friends who are suffering alongside her. I am so very sorry.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I don't think there is choice regarding hospice care. I was told there is no long term provision by a senior consultant. However I do believe Helen may be re admitted if the medication is not working.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh poor Helen. Why is it so difficult for her. It must be so painful for Martin and Mandy to have to see her suffer so much. You will know how they are feeling Sylvia but we can only guess. I am so very sorry for everyone involved but most especially for Helen. x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Such a difficult situation for all of you, I hope what ever decisions have to be made keep Helen comfortable, and that you are all in agreement with.. Love to you xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Just thinking of Helen tonight and wishing for peace. She's reminded me of my mum, holding on tenaciously and enduring so very much. X

Status
Not open for further replies.