A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
So difficult for you, Sylvia, the not knowing. Could Martin or Mandy put you in the picture?
I know it wouldn't change the situation greatly, but you would at least know.
xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Spamar, I wasn't sure whether the GP actually said Helen only had two days to live or if Helen had interpreted what he said as that..

She is very confused, had forgotten lots of things we talked about and a couple of times asked me to remind her.

I just went along with whatever she said , as I did with Dhiren when he became confused.

Since I put the phone down though I have been wondering if this was the last time I would be speaking to her and if she had thought the same.

It just seems so impossible to take in Sylvia. This is Helen and this is so real and so terribly sad. x

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
More than anything just now I wish Helen peace. She has bravely struggled against this awful condition all of this time.. if she would only stop struggling now and allow the inevitable to happen. But it's not in Helen's nature.

Sylvia, you and Helen have had such a close friendship for so long I can't begin to imagine how this is affecting you.

If virtual hugs are still available, please accept one.

xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so very sorry, Sylvia. Words cannot convey how I feel other than understanding how distressing this is for all of you. especially Helen.

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I'm so sorry to hear this Sylvia.
Did the GP say that to Helen? It wasn't very professional if he did.
You are such a good friend to Helen. You both are so in tune to each others needs. This would be so hard for you.
Sending hugs and strength for the coming days.

Kim xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I really don't know if the GP actually said this Kim or if Helen thought it was what she heard.

He is a lovely GP. He kneels on the floor so he is at Helens level, holds her hand and behaves as if he has all the time in the world. Helen has absolute trust in him.

I really don't want to mither Mandy or Martin , we'll all know soon enough.

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Sylvia this is so sad. I wish Helen peace and strength for you and her family.

Thank you for keeping ys updated xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh Sylvia this is so profoundly sad and hard for you. I have no words… only feelngs for each of you and Helen.

I echo Saffie’s words
It just seems so impossible to take in Sylvia. This is Helen and this is so real and so terribly sad
It’s hard reading it but you are living it.

I ache for each of you.

My love and prayers.

Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m really OK thanks everyone.

I think I`m in some sort of self protection mode , even denial of sorts, because I`m so far away distance wise and know there is nothing I can do. Even if I was there there`d be nothing I could do.

I do know I can give Helen comfort but she has a loving daughter and partner with her and maybe the time was made for me to step back and allow the family their time with her, uninterrupted.

Anyway it is as it is and I`m fine with it.

I am sleeping well except for occasional bouts of wakefulness. I have a reaction to an insect bite and was up in the night to take an anti histamine. The night before I was awake from 3am. but generally I`m sleeping well.

Enough about me. :eek:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
A vest. That's what you need for your holiday

If it's hot - just a vest
If it's cold - a vest under top, jumper, cardigan

:D

Looking forward to photos xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.