A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Brilliant Sylvia ordering your shopping online from India I would never have thought of that although my oh would have :what:
Hoping that you both manage to fulfill everything that you wish to achieve during your last few days. Enjoy your massages they sound wonderful :)
I along with I'm sure everyone else have enjoyed this Indian holiday. Thank you both so much for sharing it with us :) xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's not only ordering groceries on line. I smiled when I saw the photo of 2jays and Soobee on their equipment on the Edinburgh thread .

It's me and Helen to a T.

This doesn't mean we've abandoned proper conversation, it's just an added dimension which has crept into our lives and we are witnessing it all around us.

It doesn't mean an end to real conversation, there is still a buzz of conversation wherever we go, but also people walking around with lap tops, iPads or phones in their hands, a new normal, a window on the world wherever we are.

I think it's wonderful to be able to keep in contact with friends and family while we're away, telling the news as it happens, rather than trying to remember when we get home.

Anyway our holiday isn't over yet even though we are winding down .

I made Helen laugh yesterday when I said I hated having to close the balcony door when having a nap in case the monkeys came in while I was sleeping. I woke this morning to find I'd not bolted the door and it had blown open in the wind. :eek:
Thank goodness the monkeys seem to sleep when we do. The thought of waking to find monkeys in my room doesn't bear thinking about .

There is a haze over the mountainside as I look, at 8am , which I suppose heralds another scorching day. Neither of us like air conditioning but we are making good use of the ceiling fans.

I'm looking forwards to my final Ayurvedic massage this morning.

I hope you all have good days ahead. Xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I said yesterday aren't phones wonderful we can even FaceTime people and see them if we want, it really does help to be in touch if we are in Scotland or the other side of the world, a picture of Allen smiling when my son and daughter visited their dad last night made me cry but smile as well,
I hope the last few days go well for both of you and you enjoy you massages x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Ah Jeany. I'm glad you were comforted seeing Allen smiling. That's a wonderful use of modern technology.

Our massages were wonderful and Helen has booked us both in for another on Saturday to help prepare us for the journey to Delhi. :)

We've just lunched on fruit salad for me and vegetable pakora and cheese and spinach balls for Helen. There was too much for Helen to finish so I very kindly helped demolish a couple of the pakoras. I'm so considerate. :D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
:eek:

I came out of my bathroom to find a full grown monkey on my dressing table drinking a bottle of Fanta. I'd only had a sip and the top was replaced but even so it must have been attracted to it. It didn't go near the bottle of water.

I screamed for Helen. :eek:. She didn't hear so I flew out of the room , putting the outside bolt on and went into Helen's room next door.

She was doing her hair.

She grabbed her stick and shooed it out.

The monkey had failed to get the top off so had bitten a hole in the bottom. There was Fanta everywhere, all over the dressing table and dripping onto the floor. I literally poured water all over the floor to rinse it off and cleaned the floor indian style with cloths wrapped round what look like large window wipers.

I don't know what it is about me and animals. They must feel my negative vibes.

I'm such a wimp. :eek:

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Oh Sylvia, my scream would have been heard in the UK, I suppose they are so used to being around people that they have learnt what they like, I understand the apes in Gibraltar are like that.

I hope you are ok now? x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm ok thanks Helen but very suspicious and wary. No more sweet drinks in my room, door firmly bolted unless I'm actually present . The weight of the monkey jumping onto the dressing table was what alerted me. It was a loud thud . :eek:

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs

I came out of my bathroom to find a full grown monkey on my dressing table drinking a bottle of Fanta. I'd only had a sip and the top was replaced but even so it must have been attracted to it. It didn't go near the bottle of water.

I screamed for Helen. :eek:. She didn't hear so I flew out of the room , putting the outside bolt on and went into Helen's room next door.

She was doing her hair.

The monkey had failed to get the top off so had bitten a hole in the bottom. There was Fanta everywhere, all over the dressing table and dripping onto the floor. I literally poured water all over the floor to rinse it off and cleaned the floor indian style with cloths wrapped round what look like large window wipers.

Hi I just couldn't resist this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uubi4N61oz4

Hope it helps.

Grey Lad

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Oh dear Sylvia:D:eek: When I went into Sylvia's room the monkey looked so surprised to see me. Bottle to its mouth. It looked quite friendly. I went shoo and it threw the bottle down spewing out fanta all over the floor and dressing table. It jumped up and swung off into the trees.

Once Sylvia was recovered I decided I needed to stretch my legs a bit so I went down into the little place near us called Ramjhula. As soon as I arrived there were swarms and swarms of flies. I've never in my life seen so many. Anything stationary for a moment was covered in them. It was hard to breath cos there was a danger of breathing them into one's nostrils:eek: I caught a boat over to the other side of the Ganges. Everyone's feet on the boat were coated entirely in flies :eek: I kept my feet moving. The other side was worse. All the goods on stalls were covered in them. All the food being made - street food - had a fly coating:eek: OK! I can hear you saying "that's enough detail Helen":D. I walked through it for such a long way. Even the beggars were too hot and bothered to beg!!!!

It made me realise we came to India at the perfect time for us and it is time for us to leave. We will carefully consider how to spend our last few days here.

Love

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Animals

She was doing her hair.

I think animals often sense if a person doesnt like them..cats that leave everyone alone except the one who recoils, and then they'll rub round that persons legs! And dogs will target people who can't stand them....that's the one they'll invite to throw a ball, or try to lick their hand! Sorry SYLVIA, it must have been alarming, but I had to smile at the thought of a monkey on the dressing table drinking Fanta. That's really a Cheeky Monkey!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry you had this scare Sylvia and glad the monkey understood what 'shoo' meant :D:D.

I could handle the monkeys but the swarms of flies would bother me. The thought of them on the food really horrifies me. Thank goodness you did not have these to worry about at the start of your holiday.

Hopefully these problems will not spoil the last few days.
Your massages sound wonderful - how I could do with one now especially around the neck and shoulder areas.

Take care and make the most of your remaining time there.
x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
We only tend to eat in and around our hotel. The food is good. We eat down the hill most evenings in an Indian taverna and they say all their vegetables and fruits are sterilised. We sit out every evening and we have no insects visiting us at all. It's because we are high up. Down below in the little places that make up a Rishikesh, it has now become oppressively hot, dirty and smelly. Today it was horrendous and I'm glad Sylvia was spared the experience.

Tomorrow our tuk tuk driver is taking us on a mystery tour in the afternoon.

Love

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh dear, an eventful day and not of the best type. Like BeckyJan I could handle the monkeys ( not literally), but the flies sounded horrendous. Thankfully Sylvia did not accompany you, Helen, and experience that.

I’m not making light of your monkey experience, Sylvia, it would be terrifying for you and I do hope you’ve recovered and no more monkey visits to you room.

It made me realise we came to India at the perfect time for us and it is time for us to leave. We will carefully consider how to spend our last few days here.
A blessing you have had those three good weeks, and now you are experiencing a different side of it due to the oppressive heat which will probably worsen, you now know it time to leave. I hope your last few days won’t be too spoilt by the changes. Also that you have had a more relaxing evening, they do sound very pleasant.

Your massages must be bliss, and beneficial on Saturday as you face the long journey towards home.

Enjoy your tuk tuk mystery tour tomorrow.

Thoughts and love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There seem to be a few flies in my room and a few ants.

At home I have a can of Raid in every room in the house and two plug in spider deterrents. I brought one of the plugs with me and have just remembered and plugged it in. Now I feel happier. I can't complain only needing it now after three and a half fly free weeks.

I really can't stand the things but would look a fool complaining to an Indian manager about flies in my room at this temperature.

win

Oct 14, 2012
So good to catch up with your videos, Sylvia and Helen. The tuk tuk one was amazing! I felt I was in the seat beside you. :)

I loved the musicians one too. Wanted it to go on for longer though. :):)

I'm glad your knee feels more comfortable Sylvia. Hope you've both had another vibrant day today.

I am following this lovely thread every day, and it is absolutely wonderful to read about your wonderful adventure. I cannot find the link to the Tuk Tuk video though, could some one please tell me where I can find it. Thank you in advance and please have a safe journey home Sylvia and Helen xx

win

Oct 14, 2012
I am following this lovely thread every day, and it is absolutely wonderful to read about your wonderful adventure. I cannot find the link to the Tuk Tuk video though, could some one please tell me where I can find it. Thank you in advance and please have a safe journey home Sylvia and Helen xx

I just realized I have not found the one with the Musicians either where do I find that one please? Thank you again xx

Status
Not open for further replies.