A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I was listening to the bead maker telling a woman that there are tigers in the mountains around us and elephants. I thought I heard him say sometimes a tiger is here!!!! I would love to see a tiger when I'm sitting on my balcony. I don't think Sylvia will agree:D

Buddy a dog after my own heart. I love a nice Victoria sandwich.

Love

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I have only popped in for a quick look, will return later. Again thank you for the video links, I looked at them twice and will again. They bring everything so to life, one feels there with you Sylvia.

Great descriptions of your environment, and that you have felt no need to attend the yoga and meditation classes. Because everything around you is the very essence of both. Truly a retreat.

You are doing well to be adjusting to the dogs. I love dogs, have had them most of my life - until recent years. But my daughter’s friend (since school days) is terrified of them. I saw her fear when she was here with our very friendly dogs, so I have some understanding of your dislike of dogs. Must confess I would be a bit wary of stray dogs wandering around though…

How good to hear that you didn’t need the cushion for under your knee, and that the walking is so beneficial. Hopefully Spring will have arrived once you are home and you can keep that up. It is wonderful that this Indian holiday is so beneficial to both of you, in so many respects.

Helen, I am fascinated by your sense of walking on the surface of the earth. Hope you enjoy your Ayurvedic massage as much as last time, or even more so.

I would also love to see a tiger in a natural environment. But only well away from it while high up on a balcony! Perhaps you will do so before you leave.

I hope you have both had a lovely day. It is actually a beautiful sunny day here and not too cold… Hopefully it continues so for the Edinburgh gathering of TPers - especially cauldrifed Saffie! (ie: someone who is prone to feeling the cold easily)

(By the way Saffie, if you read this I sent you a PM but perhaps your file is full???)

With love
Loo xxx

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's been too hot for me to move Loo and by the looks of the forecast it will get hotter. It's wonderful now at 5.45pm but although Helen is full of energy I'm drained.

I feel I should walk and would if it were flat. Never mind it will do no harm to miss a day.

This is the first day I've been bitten. I've been aware of more flies around but haven't done anything different . However it's a miracle I've been in this climate for three weeks and these are my first bites.

I hope you've had a relatively good day Loo. X

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
My dad's girlfriend put 24 scones on a platter ready for consuming at my nephews christening and left them on a bench by the table, back they came from the service to find one totally bloated weimerana lying in the kitchen looking like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Image resizing/reorientating service will be suspended tomorrow (Sunday) for most of the day.

I'm returning to the UK but will have limited internet access for 5 hours on the ferry so may post but not likely to get sufficient bandwidth for images, it's a satellite connection to Norway shared by all passengers.

Full service will resume either Sunday evening or on Monday.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I didn't sleep well last night and am sure it was because we had no exercise yesterday. I knew it would be just a hot today so suggested we see if our tuk tuk driver could take us up into the mountains.

It seems tuk tuks don't go into the mountains and now I understand why.

Our hotel manager booked us a taxi, asked us where we wanted to go and as we hadn't a clue, we left it to him.

We agreed a price and off we set on our three hour mystery tour.

I have never driven on such a bendy road in my life. No sooner had the driver taken a hairpin bend than he had to take another.

At first I was confident, the road was wider than expected, well wide enough to accommodate tourist buses and tourist four wheel drives as well as our Tata taxis, heavy good vehicles and even pedestrians.

Then the road narrowed and the hairpin bends were more frequent, the sheer drops at our side were spectacular and scary at the same time. The views were magnificent.

We arrived at our destination. A Temple. A very important Temple . It was the Kunjapuri Temple . It seems many roads in India lead to Temples but this one was so important we had to climb 308 steps to get there. And we did.

It was wonderful the way we both managed the climb. We both felt a real sense of achievement.

Helen has some wonderful photos which I'm sure she'll post later. Photos of the top of the world.

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
we had to climb 308 steps to get there. And we did.

It was wonderful the way we both managed the climb. We both felt a real sense of achievement.
308 steps! And you're alive to tell the tale!!!:eek:
You came down again too! I'd have needed to lie in the temple for a week to recover - if I ever did!

I'm more than impressed, I'm stunned! :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you Nitram. I coped very well. Only had to close my eyes a couple of times as it looked like there was no room for an oncoming bus to pass:eek::eek: We were very high in the mountains. I mean VERY high and when Sylvia mentioned the road narrowing, I can't imagine any of you would realise just how narrow. This stretch of the journey was hair raising. Our driver was excellent. He kept a fairly slow pace and only overtook right next to a bend a couple of times:eek:

When we saw the steps, we looked at each other and started the climb. It was very steep. When we got to the top there was another set of steps equally as steep. When we got up them .......... I'm sure you might now appreciate just how many 308 steps are. What I pressed me was how easily we were able to do it. Yes, we puffed a bit but all the hill walking had really strengthened us and stood us in good stead.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 370

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
some more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 438
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 439
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 444

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Nellbelles you wouldn't know it was the same Helen who drove with you a few years ago. The inclines and the drops in Spain were like nursery slopes in comparison. Helen did avoid looking at times on the way up but coming down she actually seemed to be enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.