A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I am thinking of you and have the music ready to play.

Love to you Paul and family and strength not just for today but the days ahead too.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I haven't been able to get on the computer until now but I do hope that everything went as you and Paul wished it to. Thinking of you. xxx

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
Meditation

I hope you are feeling some peace, Sylvia, after all the storms.

I was glad to read of the experience you had with the meditation tape. While my Mother is at an earlier stage, meditation (podcast by Tara Brach) helped me stay with myself through the worst of the summer's crises, and it is something I return to, pondering the truth that especially with dementia, we only have this moment, and it is the only one where we can find peace, as the past and future are not here right now.

Hope you sleep deeply and well.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m drifting today, still feeling empty and numb.

TP is so good at this time. Nothing is required from me but I can use it as I choose.

With this in mind, I`m posting a couple of images which gave me pleasure.

After the funeral we returned to Paul`s . My grandchildren had baked and set the table for a lovely tea. In place of honour was a portrait of Dhiren my eldest granddaughter Grace had painted for her `O` Levels.

Dhirens portrait.jpg

This morning I received a wonderful flower arrangement from two good TP friends . It contained the same flowers I had in Dhiren`s Garlands. It was the most thoughtful gesture.

Gerbera arrangement.jpg

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I`m drifting today, still feeling empty and numb.

TP is so good at this time. Nothing is required from me but I can use it as I choose.

With this in mind, I`m posting a couple of images which gave me pleasure.

After the funeral we returned to Paul`s . My grandchildren had baked and set the table for a lovely tea. In place of honour was a portrait of Dhiren my eldest granddaughter Grace had painted for her `O` Levels.

View attachment 38765

This morning I received a wonderful flower arrangement from two good TP friends . It contained the same flowers I had in Dhiren`s Garlands. It was the most thoughtful gesture.

View attachment 38764

How wonderful, the flowers are beautiful, how kind. x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
A lovely portrait Sylvia and one which will be much treasured I'm sure.
The flowers are beautiful and I'm thinking it might be not such a bad thing that private details are kept as such on TP or I have a feeling your house would be resembling a florist's. X

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I'm thinking it might be not such a bad thing that private details are kept as such on TP or I have a feeling your house would be resembling a florist's. X

Or a hotel!!! :eek:

The painting is very special and something to treasure for a very long time.

The flowers are beautiful.

x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a good portrait. Your granddaughter must be talented. A beautiful bouquet too. x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Wonderful &

Lovely portrait your Grand Daughter has a lot of talent & beautiful flowers from 2 very caring & loving friends Sylvia

Thank you for sharing it with us

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Grove x x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
How lovely,Sylvia, that your grand-daughter painted a portrait of Dhiren, and how special it is. A talented girl.

The bouquet of special flowers is beautiful. Most thoughtful and caring of two TP friends.

I am glad TP is good for you, and that you feel you can come here when you choose. We are always here.

Thinking of you
With love
Loo xxx

MissisT

Dec 1, 2010
Essex
I can relate to the numb and empty feeling so clearly - it's as though time stood still. Or perhaps I did. I soon discovered that people were correct in telling me you can't move on til after the funeral but it wasn't quite that simple. xx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
What a wonderful portrait Sylvia and such a treasure to have, made all the more special because it is done by your granddaughter.

There is no rush Sylvia, just take your time. Thinking of you.

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point mobile app

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
The numbness must be nature's way to help us through difficult times.... We'll all be here for you Sylvia, as you've been here for so many of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.