A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
!:eek:

Love Loo xxx
Thanks Sylvia, you are so right about being tested to the hilt. Bu there is nothing I can do to change how it is so I can only accept that and try to take it day by day and try to deal with what they bring, Just wish the DWP brown envelopes would stop coming through the letterbox! About the attendance told me,it will all sort itself out in time.It is a beauifui day here but I miss my panthat does frighten me. A new experience in life!I tell myself
:eek::rolleyes:

Love Loo xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Sorry
Thanks Sylvia, you are so right about being tested to the hilt. Bu there is nothing I can do to change how it is so I can only accept that and try to take it day by

day and try to deal with what they bring, Just wish the DWP brown envelopes would stop coming through the letterbox! About the attendance told me,it will all sort itself out in time. It is a lovely day here but I miss my panoramice view from the livingroon, bedroom view is limited.They are talking about a hoist to get me back. into the living room and that does frighten me. A new experience in life! I tell myself :eek:

It sounded a good evening despit the station adventures.

Sorry Sylvia this seems out of context, printed in the wrong place
place, got bit lost re-reading your thread
It sounded a good evening andsafely home be it the wee sma hours,
xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Quite an adventurous evening, Sylvia! I'm glad you got home - would have been grim to have to either wait there all night or go looking for accommodation at that time of night?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I had such an unexpected eventful and enjoyable day yesterday.

My younger granddaughter came round for a visit while she is on holiday from Manchester University. I`m so impressed with her. The University has a society to raise funds for the homeless and other people experiencing hard times and she is the Chair. They are planning an event over the Bank Holiday and have been offered a free venue and DJ. Last year they were able to donate over 1000 kilos of food to the food banks.

Sadly the media doesn`t make headlines out of these activities. They don`t sell papers.

At the same time, I had a phone call from my Tai Chi teacher T. She and her husband are celebrating their silver wedding anniversary. They are delighted they can both get into their original wedding clothes.

When they got married they had lots of photos by a Magnolia tree. T wanted to know if they could come and have some nostalgic photos taken by my Magnolia tree. I told her they would need to hurry because the blossom was falling day by day so they came in the afternoon. We took lots of photos and then spent the rest of the afternoon sharing our life stories.

IMG_1293.jpg

It was such a lovely time.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
What a lovely day you had, and that photo is perfect for the happy couple. Such impressive news about your granddaughter and the society she chairs too. I wish them great success in fundraising this Easter weekend.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Isn't it wonderful how nice unexpected visits or phone calls can change our day...yours sounded lovely. Young adults are often lumped into one selfish bunch in the press and I am sure there are some...but my 30 somethings, your grandchildren and many of us can say ours are not like that. Mind you...in my experience some older non dementia adults can also be a selfish pain in the....:D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
On a completely different vein; one warm sunny day, windows and the back door open to let in fresh air and a pesky fly is driving me up the wall in my living room.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Lovely stories Sylvia, our grandson has been doing a Masters at Manchester, he has loved it there.
Certainly travel is not easy these these days, it sounds as you are doing some really positive things though.
Enjoy the Easter Weekend, we have just been given some hot cross buns, we have had a tradition of having these toasted for breakfast on Good Friday.
When I was a girl the bakers only opened for the sale of these early morning.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Lovely stories Sylvia, our grandson has been doing a Masters at Manchester, he has loved it there.
Certainly travel is not easy these these days, it sounds as you are doing some really positive things though.
Enjoy the Easter Weekend, we have just been given some hot cross buns, we have had a tradition of having these toasted for breakfast on Good Friday.
When I was a girl the bakers only opened for the sale of these early morning.
I remember that as well with the bakers @AliceA and I still have hot cross buns for Good Friday breakfast.

I noticed @Grannie G a fly or 2 arriving yesterday.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I remember that as well with the bakers @AliceA and I still have hot cross buns for Good Friday breakfast.

Now they seem to be sold for months, people miss on the peculiar pleasure of seasonal foods.
The sun has brought out a lot of Queen wasps, I hope it is not a bad year, I have to carry an injection for analeptic shock.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The sun has brought out a lot of Queen wasps, I hope it is not a bad year,

So do I Alice. I seem to have some chemistry in my body which attracts insects of every kind.

If a fly is in my room, it doesn`t just crawl up the window like any normal fly, it flies around and around missing my head by inches but threatening me just the same.,

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So do I Alice. I seem to have some chemistry in my body which attracts insects of every kind.

If a fly is in my room, it doesn`t just crawl up the window like any normal fly, it flies around and around missing my head by inches but threatening me just the same.,
I can't live with a fly buzzing around inside! They drive me bonkers!

AliceA

May 27, 2016

Strange how some of us are, we had a Swedish friend who would happily allow mosquitoes to land on him, he never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo