A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @reedysue

I did stiffen overnight but the few steps from bedroom to kitchen loosened me.

I've been very lucky. There might be some internal bruising but there's nothing to show for it.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope the effects of your fall ease quickly Sylvia. Apart from the pain it shakes you up doesn’t it.
My sister is on at me to get the lifeline thingy but I know I will never have it on me when I need it - if I ever do - so I am resisting it - strongly!
I think whatever we do to try to minimise the risk of falling it will happen whatever we do!
Rest today.x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Oh Sylvia what a shock I’m glad there appears to be no lasting damage.
Hopefully today you have your alarm pendant close to hand?

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
It is such a beautiful day I decided a bit of variety was needed for my regular cliff top walk so caught the bus to Ramsgate.

The walk way was wide enough for pedestrians, dogs, wheelchairs and bikes. The sea was calm, the sun was warm.

I passed moving tributes on memorial benches.

I stopped for a coffee then walked slowly down to the harbour for my bus home.

View attachment 60068View attachment 60069View attachment 60070View attachment 60071View attachment 60072View attachment 60073View attachment 60074View attachment 60076View attachment 60077View attachment 60078
Thank you so much for the lovely photos of Ramsgate, when I was a child we always went to Clifftonville for our holiday and always stayed in the same guest house, if only I could turn the clock back:(

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I trust you are really on the mend. We usually rely on homeopathic arnica, I am not recommending it but look it up for your self. Falls are too easy to have days.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks so much everyone.

As the day wore on the pain eased and the movement became more fluid. I have no visible bruises either. It was such a heavy fall I've got away with no ill effects.

@AliceA. I have arnica in but forgot to use it.

I also had loose seat pads on the kitchen chairs and it never occurred to me to use them either. I cushioned my knee with a tea towel and a tea cosy which were hanging at the side of the unit.

Any presence of mind I have seems to have deserted me.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Thanks so much everyone.

As the day wore on the pain eased and the movement became more fluid. I have no visible bruises either. It was such a heavy fall I've got away with no ill effects.

@AliceA. I have arnica in but forgot to use it.

I also had loose seat pads on the kitchen chairs and it never occurred to me to use them either. I cushioned my knee with a tea towel and a tea cosy which were hanging at the side of the unit.

Any presence of mind I have seems to have deserted me.

Me too! I forgot when I twisted my knee two days ago! Reminding you reminded me.
Question--- did you fall to remind me or did I twist my knee to remind you? In the Oneness of all things who knows?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Question--- did you fall to remind me or did I twist my knee to remind you? In the Oneness of all things who knows?

That is the question! :)

I hope your twisted knee heals itself as quickly as my fallen knee.

I'm going to a different meditation group this morning at our local library. We`ll have the same teacher but with a group of different people. Our teacher does this every so often as an extra for the local adult education college.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Enjoy your new group. We have been to various such things in the past. Now I seem housebound I find other ways. I went to sleep last night to the sound of a Tibetan OM chant. I had a restful night, even though 'someone' had fiddled with an alarm. Two long appointment days ahead so start of anxiety.so I must stay calm, look efficient and reassure.
My knee has a support on so it is a case of being careful.

Enjoy your day, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
In this area there is a Volunteer Bureau and amongst other services we can book taxis for the price of the fuel only. I found this really helpful when we had appointments. The taxi drivers were more sympathetic that many regular drivers because their living didn't`t depend on how many fares they had.

Here is my favourite meditation and relaxation music.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
In this area there is a Volunteer Bureau and amongst other services we can book taxis for the price of the fuel only. I found this really helpful when we had appointments. The taxi drivers were more sympathetic that many regular drivers because their living didn't`t depend on how many fares they had.

Here is my favourite meditation and relaxation music.

A most beautiful piece, thank you. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger