A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thanks Loo.

Dhiren and I went on lots of coach trips when he began to lose confidence driving. We went to Scotland, North and South Wales, Whitby, the Cotswolds are a few I can remember.

My last holiday to Ireland was a coach trip once we`d flown there but I travelled with a friend.

This would be my first holiday alone. I think I`ll book. :)
Sorry Sylvia I had forgotten your Irish holday was a coach plus other times tripswith Dhiren.

It is the holidaying alone whichp is new to you. It does sound an ideal way to start though and you are alone but not alone in a group and can chose to have company or be on your own and do your own thing, I wish you well for taking the step, Once you get used to it the worldw will be you oister :)

Loo xxx
ps
Sorry about your freezer. I also have troobledefrozting, cannot get down to it-do it prreviousone in previous have previously sat in front ofit hacking the ice off.n. I have sat usin a hair dryer but my arms are not good muscle in left one dropeddown to my elbow. I need my arms a lot to get about with support of four wheel trolley and get in and out of bed using a thing that slipsover my foot and I heave it up into bed and out again. So arms doing other things very limited.

I am wondering if the freezer in this bungalow might be selfdefroting, must look out the bookletand read My home help last did it and was very quick so will alsoask her that woud be a boon despite hating this freezer very narrow little room but never enough roomin it with the necessities there to try and order Wiltshire meals. I'd like to try them

Good luck when the man calls about the freezer.
Looxx

Last edited:

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Just caught up with your thread. One of my last holidays with Norman was in Northumberland...it was beautiful. We had a boat trip to see the puffins. The friend we were travelling with used to work for the RSPB and used to live on ....darn it, whatever the island is called where the puffins are!!!
I was going to say, when you said you had a cool pack round your neck, I have a cotton scarf thing, filled with gel. You soak it in water, then wear it and the evaporation of the water keeps you cool. I bought it from a ‘walking’ shop. Ha! Sounds like a mobile shop! I think the heat and packing have got to me.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I won't share a room either @Saffie but will pay the single supplement . The friend I went to Ireland with wants to come even though she's going to Cyprus in October. I would have liked to have tried by myself but friendship is friendship so I'm happy to agree.

I've been in touch with my local white goods suppliers and he's coming round this evening. He supplied what I have now and its the worst I've ever had.
Even the fridge is annoying because if I keep salad in the salad drawer it causes condensation which drips onto the contents.
I really do need a frost free freezer because I have no strength in my arthritic wrist to hack at ice and cannot kneel on my arthritic knees to get down to the lower element on the bottom shelf.

I sound as if I'm falling apart don't I. :oops:

Anyway my policy to try to support local trade seems to be paying off. I can't imagine a rep from the big multiples paying a home visit.

I don’t think it bothered Dave regarding sharing a room, he was a very sociable man and it’s quite likely he would have enjoyed the company and it was only ever for a couple of nights. He wasn’t as antisocial as I am!!!

You’re not the only one falling apart Sylvia! I can get down anywhere but it takes some time to get up again! x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
@Grannie G wednesday night all the sockets in the house tripped I woke at 4am because the fan had stopped.
By a process of elimination I got it down to either the fridge or the freezer at that time in the morning didn’t think to switch them off one at a time.
Thankful all has been fine since then but I’m worried if I’m away from the house for a few days will it happen again

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
@Grannie G wednesday night all the sockets in the house tripped I woke at 4am because the fan had stopped.
By a process of elimination I got it down to either the fridge or the freezer at that time in the morning didn’t think to switch them off one at a time.
Thankful all has been fine since then but I’m worried if I’m away from the house for a few days will it happen again

Heck @nellbelles. It`s scary isn't it. My switches are in the garage so I wouldn't fancy that in the middle of the night.

Every time I pass my fridge and freezer I press against the door to make sure they are closed properly.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
One of my friends called last night and brought me a bottle of lotion she uses. She asked in the Pharmacy if it would do any harm and they said it might not solve the problem but it wouldn't do any harm.

I was half hearted but in respect for her used it instead of the hydrocortisone. Its amazing. My friend has done me such a good turn. For the fist time I`m free from this burning and itching sensation .

This is the product. It`s helped so much even though there are probably equally good products on the market. :)

https://moogooskincare.co.uk/skin-problems/irritable-skin-balm.html

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks Sylvia. I'm going to send for some. I often get a heat rash and itchy skin when I'm abroad. I'll try it out when I go to Spain next month.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It wasn't`t immediate relief @Izzy but I could really feel the difference after a couple of lavish applications and am still feeling the difference now.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It wasn't`t immediate relief @Izzy but I could really feel the difference after a couple of lavish applications.

That's ok. It's worth a try! I can get it on Amazon one click so I'll give it a go!

Edit - actually maybe I can't. There's a lot of moo goo products but I can't see that one.

I try Amazon first for thing because I have a link to Amazon Smile and the Alzheimers Society gets some money when I use that!

https://org.amazon.co.uk

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh, MooGoo is fantastic stuff! Mum was given samples of it at a conference she attended for people with various skin conditions, like eczema, psoriases, etc. There's another one called SuBalm, which is also excellent.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I notice there is aloe in this lotion. Aloe Vera is fantastic for burning skin. Apparantly chefs always have an Aloe Vera plant in their kitchens for burns. I have one and every time I burn myself - which is frequently- I break I bit of the leaf off and put the gel on the burn and it relieves it immediately and it heals quicker than with burn creams.
You can buy 99% Aloe Vera gel from H&B and it is wonderfully cooling. I use it a lot.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I also have an aloe vera plant @Saffie. I used it on my face after my last fall and it was really soothing.

Arthritis is now in my foot which is the cause of the pain. The swelling is down to my medication and the GP is juggling it to try to make it easier. The only shoes I can wear at the moment are horrible crocs.

I wish I had the courage to scrap all the meds I take and have a month drug free to see what happens.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There is a Water Gala today at the sea front and I was determined to go. However when push came to shove I felt quite shaky and didn't feel safe so did my chores and then slept for two hours.

It`s taken another hour to come to life and get the washing in and I probably won't sleep tonight.

It`s not too hot here but the sun and heat are still offensive to my skin. My foot is very sore even after paracetamol.

Moan, moan, moan. :(

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Oh dear..that doesn't sound a good day for you so far. I hope you feel a little better soon. The foot thing is a real pain for you. I had physio on mine...excrutiating session and nearly cried but I think it has with the daily exercises helped. Could yours be helped with physio do you think or is it surface rather than muscular?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia - I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather (so to speak!). I hope you feel better soon.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Izzy and love.dad.but.

I came back on line to delete my post , thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed for being so full of self pity but can't now you've replied.

I'll have to find out about physio. The exercises I already do help my knee. I found them on line. I'll have a look now to see if there's anything I can do to help my foot. It must be better than sitting here. Whinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.