A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Yes, it's the closeness and also having someone to share thoughts with; even when he had dementia, I always shared my thoughts with him.

I have to accept that this aspect isn't going to get easier.

I have to agree with you Jan. At my age the aloneness is not going to go away. I thought I had resigned myself to that but have discovered it makes no difference, resignation. There have been times when I thought it did, times when dealing with other matters. But it is there, the aloneness - it is an emptiness.

As your friend Pat said, Sylvia, not lonely but alone. A different 'being alone' from when we were a couple. Yes, we are all in the same boat. It seems to be an aspect of loss we could not be aware of until afterwards.

All that one can read about bereavement, what is never mentioned is the physical loss of the person, their presence.

Like you 2jays I have no answers - if there are any - only understanding and empathy.

Love
Loo xxx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Sylvia, how are you today? A while ago I think you posted a rather lovely picture of a bowl of stones, but I have trawled back and can't see it now. I wonder if you took it down?

I've been looking on tinternet to see if I could source a rose quartz egg for you to replace the one that you passed on. Well me eyes were well and truly opened. That Gwynneth Paltrow is a one isn't she! :eek::);):D

A late friend of mine once gave me a big lump of rose quartz which I do like but it's not the sort of thing you would hold and feel comforted by particularly. Each time I look at it I think ' I wish I had a stone polisher, to take its rough edges off', but really, I'm trying to get rid of stuff, not add more, fun though it would be.

I hope the cooler weather is suiting you more. It's really quite pleasant now with cool breezes as I walk the dog. He certainly likes it better.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Deborah Blythe

I'm quite well thank you. I'm getting ready for my group of ladies who will be coming this afternoon for a meditation session.

Here is the bowl of stones. I don't know what happened to it or even where I posted it so I've taken another photo.

I'm not sure where Gwyneth Paltrow comes into the picture. :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 389

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm quite well thank you. I'm getting ready for my group of ladies who will be coming this afternoon for a meditation session.

Here is the bowl of stones. I don't know what happened to it or even where I posted it so I've taken another photo.

I'm not sure where Gwyneth Paltrow comes into the picture. :confused:

Aah, it's beautiful. Really lovely. GP has some strange ideas about uses for stone eggs. Hippy dippy.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
OMG, I had to google that also! The strange and weird diet and health ideas that people come up with are mind-boggling. Cynically, I suspect someone had a huge pile of jade eggs and came up with an idea to sell them. :D

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
OK, I Googled, be honest now, who hasn't?

The hit I looked at also referred to using steam for an 'energetic release'.

Research came up with this being herb infused steam combined with infra red.

I've used steam, albeit without the herbs and infra red, to clean a car engine but would never dream of using it in the way recommended.

In summary, all I can say is OUCH!!! and maybe a few @#~&%}@ type of words.

<Sorry Grannie G, this thread seems to have veered of somewhat and taken on a life of its own.>

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
OMG! I think I'm too young for this conversation! I haven't googled it - well not until I get back home anyway!:eek:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Weirdly, I didn't have to Google it - a very long article on the wrongness of GP and her (very expensive!) ideas and gadgets appeared, for some reason, on my newsfeed this morning!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Folk Week

Even though it's a beautiful day I had to drag myself down to the seaside for Folk Week , it's becoming more and more difficult to join in with the festivities on my own.

There were hundreds of people weaving their way between the stalls which were selling hand made crafts, jewellery, ceramics, garden ornaments and ethnic clothes.

There were food smells from the world's kitchens. Pockets of music from different corners of the seafront, wherever there was a space. There were Morris dancers, clog dancers, group of musicians. The atmosphere was festive , full of enjoyment and wonderful.

I managed 20 minutes .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I do understand though. There was a big food festival on near me today. In fact just up the road from our old house. I couldn't bring myself to go to it.

Thinking of you.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I hear, and sympathize, both. We used to love wandering around things like that. And as William became unable for the walking involved, I missed going. But since he's gone, I could go, I intend to go - but when the day comes, I find I don't want to!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Isn`t it difficult.

It`s only here on TP I can express myself without being accused of self pity.

Dhiren and I always loved wandering round community events and occasions. I always enjoyed them but now realise how much I took for granted , never fully appreciating just how good it was to have someone on the same wavelength, to share outings and holidays with.

Now I`m quite happy staying at home pottering about and reading, listening to the radio or watching TP. The trouble is, I feel it`s unhealthy and I should get out as much as possible.

It`s why I made myself go.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
After I wrote my reply to you I decided I would go out for a walk as it's lovely evening. I stood on the balcony for a few minutes then came back in. Here I am still playing around with the computer! I doubt the walk will happen. I find Sundays quite hard to do things on my own for some reason. Mind you I don't want anybody's company today either. Hey ho!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh Sylvia, that could be me. I know I must go out more and do try - but then I think what's the point. I get interested in things I hear about going on but when the time comes I have no motivation to go. There was a 'Street Food' thing on in the arboretum I bought season ticket for in March and have yet to use. It sounded pleasant but knew if I went I'd just get there and wonder why I'd gone. I did some weeding instead!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I spent the afternoon raking windfall apples off the front lawn and gathering them into a bucket, and then mowed the lawn. I felt SO self satisfied when I came in, because just as I sat down, I wondered what the noise I could hear was. It was heavy rain! Really sudden downpour, but my mowing was done, ha! It passed a Sunday afternoon too! Then I took the apples to Dau, who wants them for Apple Butter, a sort of sweet, spiced spread. It's cooked overnight, slowly, and turns dark brown and just smells like Autumn!

Status
Not open for further replies.