A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm afraid to admit it here - I've never seen Les Mis and I have no desire too!

...... dives behind sofa wearing tin hat!:eek:

Move over so I can get behind the sofa too! Neither have I - and my daughter bought me the DVD a few birthdays ago too!
It looks too depressing for me and 'Bring him home' always makes me cry - and I don't need any encouragement in that direction!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Move over so I can get behind the sofa too! Neither have I - and my daughter bought me the DVD a few birthdays ago too!
It looks too depressing for me and 'Bring him home' always makes me cry - and I don't need any encouragement in that direction!

I think I have the DVD too. I bought it for Bill and he watched it with one of his carers. I went out! Even Bring Him Home doesn't make me cry!

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I've never seen it either. I did try to watch the movie once and switched off in about 15 minutes.

Mind you, I've only got about halfway through the book. My, my, Victor Hugo really needed an editor. I do plan on finishing the book sometime in the next 20 years or so.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There is no comparison between the film and the musical Joanne. The film is an inferior copy whilst the musical is a masterpiece.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I think my problem is that I'm not too keen on musicals. I haven't seen The Lion King either.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
All the time with Tom I was never able to do live theatre, then I was invited to see Jesus Christ Superstar in Birmingham, I was amazed.. So I would go now to watch any live shows should anyone ask me.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
We saw Les Miz the show, and loved the music, but someone else said they had to leave before the end because it was too MISERABLE! Haha.

Glad you can enjoy that sort of show Sylvia...The Lark Ascending is almost impossible for most if us, I imagine, but I think that's exactly like hearing real larks. There must have been several all singing their hearts out on the common near us the other day when I was sitting in a pub garden.. They really do fly so high that the song disappears.

I expect you could enjoy hearing a blackbird, Sylvia, they sing so clearly...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The hearing aid is picking up sounds but I can`t really say whether or not I`ve heard them before. The speech I had problems with doesn`t seem to be any clearer. However it`s early days and the fact I think I`m hearing more sounds may be positive.

Changing topic, I was expecting a friend and her husband to stay for a few days for Dickens week.

They were booked to stay in the guest apartment of a Ramsgate branch of their own assisted living accommodation in Leicester. One of the residents in Ramsgate has become seriously ill so the apartment has to be made available to their relatives. It was a proviso of the booking.

My friend is deeply disappointed. Her husband , who is very negative, is pleased because he was worried there would be problems with the trains and they would miss their connection.

We are a bit concerned about my friend`s husband. He has changed recently, doesn`t really want to go out, doesn`t want my friend to go out alone, is easily confused, is forgetful and anxious, anticipates hazards etc. etc. We are not sure if he is just ageing, he is 80 , or showing signs of dementia. My friend has been though all the stages of Dhiren`s dementia with me so is well aware. She has discussed her husband with the GP but so far it seems to be keep a diary and wait and see.

I could have put them up here but my friend`s husband wouldn`t have coped so the trip was cancelled and hopefully my friend will come by herself one day.

In a way I`m relieved. It is too hot to go out and cooking for them and entertaining them at home would have been hard work. I`m so hot indoors, never mind out of doors, and wandering around the Festival would have been exhausting.

I`ve frozen the cheesecake I made and the meat I had for dinner tonight is in the slow cooker which is proving to be worth it`s weight in gold. My kitchen is hot enough without having the oven on.

Now I have to resist all the other goodies I`ve bought and instead eat up the mountain of fresh fruit and vegetables I`ve stocked up with. I usually buy my fruit in twos and threes and half a cabbage, a couple of carrots, the smallest broccoli head and collect.

Does anyone fancy coming for dinner? :)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Cat27 - maybe we should jump in a car (aircon on high) and help out with the cheesecake - I'm sure it won't store in the freezer too long, and in this weather it will be nice frozen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve got salad too Maureen but I`ve also got luxury ice cream [ salted caramel and vanilla]

Jump in that car JM and Cat. I`m home all day. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Coincidence or what?

This was my post last year June 26th 2016 on the anniversary of Dhiren`s birthday .

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/sho...e-in-my-life&p=1289665&viewfull=1#post1289665

I have sun catcher crystals hanging in a window in my living room. When the sun shines rainbows are dappled on the walls.

On the window ledge below are some small Hindu g-d figures , a couple of Ganesh, the elephant g-d and a sandalwood monkey g-d , Hanuman. Dhiren wasn`t religious but he was sentimental . Our granddaughter bought one for him when she went on a school trip to the Neasden Temple and Dhiren bought the others in India.

Today, Dhiren`s birthday , there was a crash. One of the crystals had fallen directly onto the monkey g-d, breaking it in pieces.

It is the anniversary of Dhiren`s birthday again June 26th 2017.

Tonight I heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen.

A glass window pendant Helen bought me fell from the hook and crashed down onto the worktop.

I`m not supposed to believe in these things.

Attachments

• Helens window pendant.jpg
    Helens window pendant.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 331
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew