A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I hope Helen finds comfort and peace now she is in her own home, and is kept comfortable and pain free. Strength to Mandy and Martin.

Sending love and to you Sylvia, with thanks for keeping us informed.

May today go as well as possible.
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I sent a text to see if it was convenient to phone. Helen has a friend visiting at the moment and Mandy will send me a text when she goes.

Martin said it`s not going too badly. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I spoke to Helen twice yesterday . It was very difficult.

She was uncomfortable, disfluent, confused, but holding on to the phone as if for dear life, not wanting the connection to end.

She isn`t eating because she isn`t hungry and also because she has sickness and diarrhoea again . She said she doesn`t want to eat because eating produces too much waste. She said she can`t remember when she last ate. However Mandy came on the phone and said she had some mashed potato yesterday and tinned fruit in the early hours at 2am.

She had to hang up on me because of some difficulty, but phoned me back, unable to remember why she hung up.

So we chatted as best we could and all in all were on the phone for an hour before carers came and our conversation ended.

She did manage to say she was satisfied with the care she was receiving but was also able to convey she felt no benefit in being at home.

She is very tired. She said she is exhausted. She wants to sleep but keeps waking.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
At this point Sylvia it probably doesn't really matter where Helen is. Personally I would say we got a great deal of help from drs, DNs and hospice at home and there was no doubt that ron was responsive to everyone he loved . But the last 24 hours, who knows? I could not fault his care, from his carers as well. But he was gone so quickly, who knows if he had lingered much longer.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How heartbreaking for all of you. I wish Helen could find that peace that she so clearly needs. x

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Poor Helen , it must be so difficult . For you and the family too Sylvia xxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
That's so sad, to read that Helen feels no benefit being at home :(

Oh for her to sleep away peacefully is what I wish for her. She doesn't deserve what's happening to her xxx

Squishy hug for you Sylvia xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
How upsetting and distressing for poor Helen. If only she could sleep deeply and gently pass away.

So difficult for Helen suffering and for Mandy and Martin seeing her distress. What can I say… Only hope that today is easier. Heart breaking.

With my love
Loo xxx

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Mandy has set up a FB page for all of Helen`s friends and family. She has given me permission to add any of mine and Helen`s FB friends` names to the group.

Sorry. It`s not a FB page it`s a FB group on message.

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Poor, poor Helen. She has been so strong and aware and I can't help but wonder if that is now working against her. It must have been heartbreaking for her to be wanting to hang on to the phone to you Sylvia. You have been such a source of comfort to her that it isn't surprising really. I so wish she could find some peace and relief from the way she is feeling.
I'll go to Facebook now.
love and strength to you. x

Status
Not open for further replies.