A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you for such lovely welcomes.

I managed two loads of washing and a quick vac and dust but my back wasn`t good and I was very disappointed in having knee pain going when down my three deep back steps.

Perhaps the back pain was from two days travel, being seated for hours on end and both back and knee pain could have been due to the luggage being too heavy.

I`ve less to do tomorrow and hope to get out for a walk to see how I am then.

I haven`t slept so no jet lag yet.

It`s lovely to come home to daffodils. I thought I might have missed them because they have such a short life but they are lovely.

One dreadful moment.

I decided to catch up on the soaps I`d recorded while I was away. I had completely forgotten how to play the recording. :eek: It took me a good while to remember.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am so pleased you are safely home, you both had to have drama right until the end :)

I hope your back and knee pain clears up quickly,

I will miss your adventures,

Truly a once in a lifetime experience xx

Last edited:

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
You need to go and fine that Ayervedic (?) masseuse quickly Sylvia.
That should help your knee and back.
If it does, do let me know! x

And me!

Hope the pain improves soon Sylvia, it can be so disheartening, can't it? I'm sure you're right, dragging luggage around certainly won't have helped....

Take care :)

Lindy xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Still no jet lag. :)

I went into Ramsgate this morning and couldn't believe how heavy my legs felt. My knee was also painful. Not as bad as it has been but hard to believe it was pain free in India.

It can only be the cold or the wind or the dampness. Never mind. I'll live.

My two grandchildren came again today from school wanting to hear more news of our holiday , Harry is 16 and Lucy is 18. They loved the story of the monkey drinking my Fanta.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Its lovely you can share all your adventures with your grandchildren Sylvia I can imagine they were amused by the monkey and the fanta, more than you were:D.

Hope your knee quickly improves and that the jet lag never comes:)xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Frustrating as well as painful, Sylvia, about you knee and back. Very likely as you said, travel, seated too long and heavy luggage. Plus tension from all the hassle you encountered.

Also you have been busy doing things since home and although jet lag may not have caused you to sleep, your body may be in need of some TLC and rest to recover. Be kind to yourself. Pace yourself.

I don't mean to be a bossy boots…. honest! :eek::rolleyes::)

Hope the weather is kind tomorrow and you manage a walk, and feel the benefit.

The daffodils are such a delight aren’t they.

It is a good idea to make a travel journal/ memory book as Sarah mentioned. I did of some of our special travels in our touring caravan, and added small sketches, and wish I had done it more often.

One in particular I have often enjoyed re-reading, is of a 6 night holiday with daughter Elaine in Paris. It brings alive and preserves the memories. Whereas when Henry and I first visited Paris, and another time I was there myself, I don't remember all with the same clarity.

Hoping your knee and back do improve, and good luck tracking down an Ayurveda masseuse!

Love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Helen

Here are the photos of floating Dhiren`s ashes.

Ashes.jpg Ashes 4.jpg Ashes 6 flower seller.jpg

Ashes 8 flower seller.jpgashes 13.jpg

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh Sylvia, how very touching. Now I feel I was part of it. Having met Dhiren I know how thrilled he would be that you did this and that makes it even more emotional.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.