Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

A new stage in my life...................

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by Grannie G, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dibs

Dibs Registered User

Jun 19, 2009
    Hampshire
    Pleased to hear you both arrived safely home.
    I really enjoyed sharing your experience of India. Every morning when I woke up and was settled with my coffee and toast I read your posts and loved seeing the photos.
    Dibs (Deborah) xx :)

2. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    Welcome back Helen and Sylvia:) I will miss your posts. They were a ray of sunshine:)

Apart from reading about the different culture the peace and serenity you both experienced was a real tonic. I feel privileged that you shared your time in India with us.

Thank you

Love,

Lyn T XX

3. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    Glad to hear that Helen got home safely too :)

Oh what a palaver, rushing through the airport and stations with luggage etc.....good that you both met helpful people :)

Thinking of you both and hope you have a good day

Lindy xx

4. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Me too just had my yogurt and fresh fruit

what we want to know is how many stars will you get on the slimmimg thread;)

but weight isn't that important it's the fitness and exhilaration that counts!

5. Soobee

Soobee Registered User

Aug 22, 2009
    South
    so many experiences, so many memories. :D

6. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Good to read you are safely back, move over Judi Dench:cool::D.

What an end to your trip:eek: being parted in such a hurried way.

You should both be very proud you had the courage to do all that you have done. Your grandchildren will be inspired Sylvia.

No need to rush with anything, just take your time, and think you're in India, unwind slowly.:)

I'm sorry the adventure has come to an end as have enjoyed it so much:)

7. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    I don't think she came back, did she?! :D

8. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    #2128 Sue J, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    I don't know Saffie, still haven't watched the movie:rolleyes: but am sure it will have a different perspective when I do manage to see it:D or maybe now I don't need to!

9. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Well, she didn't in the first one but may have done in the second which I've not yet seen!
    I'm glad Sylvia and Helen have come back, much though I have enjoyed sharing their time in India! :)

10. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Glad to hear you are home safe and sound, if still a little tired. Yes, the laundry can be daunting but you don't have to get it all done in one day. - or anything else, for that matter. When it comes to housekeeping, I keep Scarlett O'Hara's saying in mind - Tomorrow is another day. :D

11. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    I'm so relieved that you are both home safe and sound. Sleep well, English Easter gales permitting.

12. Loopiloo

Loopiloo Registered User

May 10, 2010
    Female
    Scotland
    Welcome home Sylvia and Helen!

Thank you very much for writing, Sylvia. You will be very tired and quite a culture change being back home. Take your time easing yourself gently back into ‘normal’ life again. But what memories to digest….

What a journey home…. :eek: very stressful for each of you. Reading your description and imagining it all I felt I was there - and not pleasant for you. Thankfully you each met kind and helpful people. A relief to hear Helen also got safely home.

But I do hope you each have a restful time this week to recover and gradually adapt to the temperature change. Doing that washing - and forget the ironing meantime! - and dealing with your grocery delivery today is enough your first day home! :D

Also hope you are feeling better re the UTI symptoms and possible Delhi belly.

You are two very inspiring ladies, your families will be proud of you for all you have achieved. Truly a privilege to have you share so much with all of us. It has been wonderful. Thank you.

Take care of yourselves.

Until you each feel like writing again, when you feel up to it, sending continuing thoughts.

With love
    Loo xxx

13. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    I'm glad Sylvia did an update. Regarding getting the trains to our respective homes, it turned out perfectly. So it can be truly said that the trip from beginning to end was blessed. I never thought I would end up travelling first class. Because I was breathless when I rushed onto the train, a couple of rail ladies wanted to know if I was ok. I said I was but that I needed to get to second class. They said I wasn't to go anywhere and they would go and inform the ticket master. I was given a cup of tea and was checked on every 20 minutes. They had no idea I am as fit as a fiddle. It was very kind of them.

Upon arriving home I ran a bath. Filled to the brim it was with my best bubble bath which Martin bought me for Christmas. Pecksniffs. Such luxury. The cleaner had been so everything was spik and span. Martin had re-decorated the hall, stairs and landing.

I slept well and woke at 8'ish. I had a very relaxed morning. Sorted laundry. Huge amounts but no more washing in a bucket:D. Made some vegetable soup for lunch. This afternoon was taken up on the computer trying to get my camera photos onto my usual website but it is playing silly bu--ers:rolleyes: I am leaving it for tomorrow. I also needed to sort out my log in for online banking as that was no working. I spent over an hour before I got it sorted.

After experiencing such inner and outer peace in India, I will do my best to stay mindful. It is a tall order but I will do what I can and I'm sure I will be helped with what I cant;)

You have all been marvellously generous in your encouragement. Thank you so much.

Love

14. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    It's lovely to hear that you were so well looked after on the train, Helen.
    There's nothing like computer trouble to bring you back to our world with a bang I'm afraid.
    So frustrating. I hope you can hang on to that inner peace for a while longer, mindfulness too.
    I shall miss your interesting updates but am glad you are safely home.
    I'm sure that both Martin and your daughter are delighted to see you. xxx

15. flowerpot

flowerpot Registered User

What a rush around you both had but at least you both caught your respective trains and are now safe and sound at home even with all your holiday laundry to do :( that's always the worst part of a holiday!
    Wonderful memories to share with your families too :)

16. NanLorac

NanLorac Registered User

May 14, 2012
    Female
    Scotland
    Sylvia and Helen I am so glad you are both safely home, although I will miss your holiday tales and pictures.

I wouldn't hurry with all the washing Sylvia, you will not need those light weight clothes for a good few weeks yet. We have snow showers today.:(

Take care, Carol x

17. Dazmum

Dazmum Registered User

Welcome back home Sylvia and Helen, what an adventure you've had! I hope you are well rested xxxx

18. Rageddy Anne

Rageddy Anne Registered User

Feb 21, 2013
    Cotswolds
    Welcome home you intrepid ladies. I already miss you being in India!

Returning just before Easter and an English spring can't be bad can it?

19. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    WElcome home, Sylvia and Helen. I must seem strange to be back here after all of your adventures. I am sure your journey will have so many memories.

Jan xx

20. Pollyanna

Pollyanna Registered User

Jul 8, 2008
    Welcome Home :)

We all enjoyed your adventures, but it's nice to have you back!

X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.