A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Francophile has returned

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 451
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 443

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome back nitram. I hope your time in France was productive.

When you come home you'll probably be ' homesick' for India! Might you contemplate another visit?

Many a true word.

I've always wanted to go to China ............:)

It's 2.30 am here and I've been woken by strong winds rattling my open window frames.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Have you still got strong winds Sylvia? Hope you are able to get some sleep.

Still enjoying yours & Helen's sharing of your wonderful Indian experience. Videos and pictures so interesting. Thank you, TP's resident travel writers:)xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Yes Sylvia, it is still and always will be the anniversary of the day you and Dhiren married. Personally I cannot imagine myself ever not thinking of ours on the date. The pendant will be especially meaningful having been bought in India, Dhiren’s homeland.

It does sound extremely hot, I hope you eventually got some sleep.

You earlier mentioned the temple yesterday being higher than Ben Nevis. I’m not so good with metric but know it is 4 thousand four hundred and ‘something' feet high. Some distance to travel up and down on the roads with sheer drops which you described! But the views from the temple must have been wonderful to see.

Helen, how well you are doing learning Hindi, and those you converse with will appreciate it so much.

I like the sound of the chakra jewellery you bought. I had a amethyst pendant Henry bought me in Glastonbury, a birthday gift, and was very upset when I lost it some years later when caravanning in the Highlands. It is said to have a calming influence.

Lovely to read how much fitter you both now feel. That the hotel manager noticed the improvement in Sylvia’s knee. Enjoy the walk back from the waterfalls if you go, and like Sarah I wish I could be there with you, I love waterfalls. I hope the heat becomes a bit less oppressive.

With love
Loo xxx

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you Nitram. You have been missed:).

China next;)

Last night was my first disturbed night. The dogs never stopped barking and then the wind arrived. There is always a nightly wind up here in the hill top.

I still feel well even with less sleep. I wonder what today has in store for us?

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I slept eventually but it was pleasant just lying waiting for sleep to come because it was so cool.

Strange Helen and I were both awake in the early hours. We do seem more in sync than ever through this experience.

Sarah and Loo. We will 'think' you at the waterfalls if we get there . :)

It's just before 8am now . I've woken none the worse after my broken night.

Thank you Sue for encouraging us to post.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Catching up, dear Sylvia and Helen.

I've just read through the last couple of days and it's so easy to imagine your adventures and observations. Such wonderful descriptions from you both-so thank you. I think you should get a book published for all to read; you have your journal and your pictures and it could be titled ......? Nothing comes to me at this early hour but it would surely contain the words 'intrepid' and 'brave'.

Ah! China! Now I could tell you are thing or two about that country!!!!!

Love to you both

Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Lyn and Izzy.

What are you doing up at this time? You should both be tucked up in bed.

I hope you both have good days. Lyn, I expect you are packing up and sorting out ready for moving. No wonder you can't sleep.

Izzy I suppose it's par for the course for you . One day you'll sleep all night and wake up wondering if you dreamt it. :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks Sylvia. I'm not up. I took Bill to the loo at 4am and thought I'd have a sneaky look here!

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
So good to catch up with your videos, Sylvia and Helen. The tuk tuk one was amazing! I felt I was in the seat beside you. :)

I loved the musicians one too. Wanted it to go on for longer though. :):)

I'm glad your knee feels more comfortable Sylvia. Hope you've both had another vibrant day today.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
No waterfalls today as it is too hot to even think about it. The wondrous thing about this holiday is that there is no need to rush for anything. A day in our hotel reading, meditating or just day dreaming is such a treat. Our peace was shattered when the builders decided to gut the room under ours. The peace was punctuated with banging, electric sawing of stone by the sound of it. We took that as our cue to go down for lunch. It is now nice and quiet again so we will relish in peace.

After a nice time of reading on my balcony, I sit and gaze at the scenery. I keep trying to capture the variety of birds here. So far I'm too slow:rolleyes: I now seem to have an invasion of quite large wasps investigating my balcony. I've had to kill 6 in my room. I will pop down and tell the manager. He is very good to us. I think there is a nest above my room somewhere. Needless to say, we are both delighted that we've had over three weeks of no insect issues. It is happening now as we start to turn our attentions towards home.

Love

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Now wasps I do not like and they don't seem to like me either. Sounds as though you are having a touch of the "mananas" or whatever they call them in India. Look forward to the photos of the waterfalls - eventually. Please bring some of the warmth back home with you. Thankyou

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We think we are being prepared for home.

Apart from my fall we've had a trouble free and blissful three weeks. This final week has brought uncomfortable heat, barking dogs, wasps, flies building work at the hotel and I've had a few insect bites.

We've still benefitted though, we're still experiencing the peace, the calm, good food and exercise. We both feel very well and love eating our evening meal outdoors with no flies , in warmth accompanied by a gentle breeze and a quiet hum of conversation from the occupants of the surrounding tables.

We have our massages tomorrow, a sightseeing trip with out tuk tuk driver on Thursday and hope to visit the waterfalls on Friday.

Then it will be preparation for a long drive to Delhi, an overnight stay before we fly home on Monday.

I've just done an online shop to be delivered on Tuesday. :)

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
We think we are being prepared for home.

Apart from my fall we've had a trouble free and blissful three weeks. This final week has brought uncomfortable heat, barking dogs, wasps, flies building work at the hotel and I've had a few insect bites.

We've still benefitted though, we're still experiencing the peace, the calm, good food and exercise. We both feel very well and love eating our evening meal outdoors with no flies , in warmth accompanied by a gentle breeze and a quiet hum of conversation from the occupants of the surrounding tables.

We have our massages tomorrow, a sightseeing trip with out tuk tuk driver on Thursday and hope to visit the waterfalls on Friday.

Then it will be preparation for a long drive to Delhi, an overnight stay before we fly home on Monday.

I've just done an online shop to be delivered on Tuesday. :)

What would we do without the internet. Ordering groceries in India to be delivered to Kent, it's magic.

Can't believe the month has almost gone. Enjoy your last week, you have both made some lovely memories to keep you warm, thanks for taking us with you.

Xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I've just done an online shop to be delivered on Tuesday.
Amazing! Ordering your grocery delivery in the UK from India!

Oh dear…. back to reality. Although it will of course have it compensations. A month is a long time to be away.

My first visit alone to my Dad in Australia was just over 5 weeks actually there, also the second time 7 years later with Henry. I adored my time in Australia, as did Henry, but not all plain sailing as much as I loved my Dad, he could be…. “difficult”. I had forgotten! Nothing major, but he forgot I was a mature woman and was... possessive etc.

Dear Dad, he was so delighted to have me with him. Although he loved Australia he also missed much of home. We actually became extremely close and my first visit alone had some wonderful close discussions and experiences. He and Henry very different men but got on well. Thankfully! Those difficult memories are not uppermost now and all the good and special times are cherished.

Blethering… I was about to say how fortunate that your first three weeks have been so blissful. Yet despite the unwanted events this week you are still enjoying the calm and peace. I hope the build up of oppressive, exhausting heat doesn't prevent you fulfilling your plans for your last few days. The evenings sound lovely and relaxing.

Wasps are horrible. We have twice had wasp nests, once above the front door and the second time in the air vent beneath the front window. They were not so invasive but the ones above the door found their ways into the hall. Hopefully the manager will do something about the problem. I’d rather have monkeys visit than wasps!

Sarah and Loo. We will 'think' you at the waterfalls if we get there. :)
Thank you, Sylvia, and hopefully you manage to visit the waterfalls and enjoy what I imagine will be quite a spectacle.

Enjoy your massages tomorrow and whatever you did today... oops, your evening now. Thank you so much for sharing everything with us, it is wonderful to be transported there through your posts and photos, and excellent descriptions.

Sleep peacefully tonight.

Love
Loo xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson