A new moderator on the Talking Point team!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

I’m really pleased to let you know that we have a new Moderator joining the Talking Point team :)

Cat27 is someone that many of you have gotten to know in her previous role as a Host!

Please join me in welcoming Cat by adding a reply to this thread!

What do the Talking Point volunteers do?

Hosts help us to welcome new members to Talking Point, point people toward helpful information and also ensure that we are able to support members who are having a difficult time.

Moderators help to keep the community running smoothly by dealing with reports and issues, removing pesky spam and offering helpful information to members.

We couldn't run Talking Point without our Volunteer Hosts and Volunteer Moderators.

They help to ensuring that Talking Point is a welcoming and supportive environment for people with dementia and their carers. Not only do they provide support and guidance to forum members, but they also help to protect the forum and keep it a safe place for everyone.

You can read more about both the Moderator and Host roles here.

NB: We'd be particularly interested in receiving applications for the Host role.

I hope you’ll join me in congratulating Cat on her new role. :)

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
good news :)
really pleased Cat27 is taking on such an important role in the TP team and community

PS it's a great team to work with and a wonderful community to be a part of - if you're reading this and think you'd like to spend a few hours a week doing a bit of volunteering from the comfort of your own home have a read of the 'job descriptions' and maybe contact one of us (any of the hosts, mods and admins) :)

volunteer role descriptions
https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/downloads/download/159/talking_point_online_forum_volunteer_role_descriptions

and my blog story about becoming a volunteer host on TP
(3rd story down)
https://blog.alzheimers.org.uk/category/personal-stories/page/3/

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Congratulations Cat - welcome to the team! Sadly I have to tell you this guy isn't on the team!;)

Attachments

• welcome to team.jpg
    welcome to team.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,361

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
That's great, Cat27.:)

i understand what a moderator is but out of interest, can someone explain to me what a 'host' is, please?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Well done Cat, I look forward to hearing from you!"

Expecting an admonition ??

Congratulations Cat27