1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

A moment in Time

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Norrms, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Torquay Devon
    A MOMENT IN TIME

"""
    Suddenly!! A distorted face appeared before my eyes, i had only closed them for a split second !! But FLASH !! it appeared, a horrible, distorted face that was so angry, and yet so hurt, was so sorrowful, yet full of venom, was so real, yet couldnt have been. Then it was gone, as quick as it appeared but just for a split second it looked like a negative as i blinked my eyes, trying to rid myself of what i had just seen, until the next time, that is.

"""

Is this the real face of dementia ? is this what it looks like to people like myself who has been touched with this awful disease? More importantly ? Does this account for me and so many others Jumping out of our skin for no reason and yet just to embarrassed, or unable to speak about it??

So many questions my friends, So very many questions ...........................

Norrms Mc Namara (Diagnosed with dementia NINE years ago, and still trying to figure it out )

Please share if you wish too

2. irismary

irismary Registered User

Feb 7, 2015
    West Midlands
    Thank you for posting Norms. Take care

3. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Torquay Devon
    Thank you