A lovely Saturday afternoon

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by LynneMcV, Feb 13, 2016.

1. LynneMcV

LynneMcV Volunteer Moderator

May 9, 2012
    south-east London
    I spent a lovely afternoon with my husband at a local disability fellowship group. It was great company and I even came back with a gift of free eggs (from someone's home based chickens) and some flowers!

The atmosphere was so friendly and welcoming. Someone bashed out songs on the piano while we all joined in a great sing-a-long too. I was particularly pleased about this as I have been trying to find a place my husband can join in singing in the hope of keeping his communication skills going :)

This was our first trial visit and my husband thoroughly enjoyed himself. We will definitely be going again. It is only held once a month but at least it is on a Saturday, which means we can attend without me losing more work hours :)

2. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    That's a lovely event to look forward to each month. So glad you enjoyed yourselves. xxx

3. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Good to hear you and your husband had such a nice time. It sounds like a wonderful facility.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx