Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

A lovely happy man with a big smile on his face

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by daughter, Feb 27, 2007.

1. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Dad was cremated yesterday. The sun was shining and all the flowers looked lovely. Many relatives and friends came, including staff and resident's relatives from Dad's care home. I never really appreciated the thought that people "live on", although for me this is not in some ethereal place. Dad will be in our hearts, thoughts and words in such a big way that he will always be with us.

In the card that Dad's niece had sent, she spoke of him "as a lovely happy man with a big smile on his face". This is how we will all remember him.

2. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Daughter

What a lovely message. Your dad will always be with you. I'm glad the service was bright and colourful for you, your dad would have appreciated it.

Love,

3. Áine

Áine Registered User

Dear Hazel

How lovely to be able to remember him like this.

love

Áine

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    No One could ask for better. Your dad will live on in you. Love Sylvia x

5. asaltydog

asaltydog Registered User

Jun 22, 2005
    N Wales
    Dear daughter

remember your dad ' with a big happy smile on his face'

My dad died nearly five years ago from a heart attack. He was 80
    I like to think of him somewhere smoking his pipe, reading the paper
    & watching Leicester City win the F A Cup !

asaltydog [Derek]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.