1. Devonmaid

Devonmaid Registered User

Sep 23, 2007
    Dartmoor Devon
    Morning all . Oh boy what a day yesterday . Started with a three hour train journey then to see Mum who is pretty much the same but is looking very frail indeed . She didnt know who I was at first which was upsetting , she thought I was a nurse and then suddenly she said " what are you doing here ?" Stayed with her for some time and then off to meet my sister and see Ken, our step Dad . Poor chap, he is so mixed up and confused, he really doesnt understand Mums condition at all but then , we dont either . The Doctor has been to see him , socail services have been but have his family ? Well, one of them made an effort , it beggars belief really . Anyway , I think he is a bit reasurred now , he knows that we are there for him so as long as someone is keeping tabs on him, he will be ok, I hope . He has good neighbours in the sheltered flat he is in and they are taking him out with them today which is good . Got home at 10 last night and we are moving in two weeks so loads to do , dont know where to start !
    Love Kate x

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Well done Kate, I`m sure you feel better now you`ve seen for yourself how things are.
    All the best with the move.
    Love xx

3. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Dear Kate,
    You sure did have a very busy day, I am pleased for you that your mum did realise it was you visiting.

Good news on Ken that must be a huge relief for you. I hope that all goes well there.

Good Luck with the move. Take Care Taffy.

4. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Well done, Kate. I'm glad your mum recognised you, that makes such a difference.

Good too that you've got some support set up for Ken. Hopefully people will rally round now, even if his family don't. We all need a helping hand sometimes, and you've been very supportive.

Good luck with the move.

Love,

5. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Hello Kate,
    I am so pleased that your Mother recognised you. That goes a long way doesn't it . It is good news on Ken's part but family helping out, they can be a complete waste of space. Good luck with your move, you will need quite a few stiff drinks after that. All the best to you. Christine