1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. yadit0

yadit0 Registered User

Mar 26, 2014
    Leicestershire
    My Mum of 87 has Alzhiemers I have been a little worried over the last few weeks, I take mum to the bank to withdraw her weekly money but not to much, as I have noticed that the money I put into her purse goes missing, Mum only goes out once a week to a Friendship club and only spends a small amount,I think she is starting to hide it, I have to keep searching the house from to to bottom some times I find it sometimes not, I like to leave Mum with money just in case of emergencies but I worry what she is doing with it.

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Have you got financial POA for her? There'll be a time when you will have to take over her affairs as not only can elderly vulnerable people lose or hide money, but fraudsters can latch onto them and clean them out. Better be safe than sorry.

3. Vesnina2

Vesnina2 Registered User

Oct 8, 2014
    Here you may find many stories of people loosing money due to persons approaching them with various explanations...
    It is easy to take money from an older person it seems.
    So it may be better to protect dear older persons...