A little sympathy please

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hi tuboI wish I knew and personally I would think quite possibly. Not something the docs have mentioned yet.
We shall see

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Dr has just been, one who hasn't seen husband for many years. He was really helpful though and actually asked what was worrying ME and what they could do to help.Asked if I wanted any intervention on the dementia side, which I really don't because he isn't in any difficult as long as he is in his home environment and comfortable with the people who look after him.

Is going to do the salt referral and also suggested I get the community physio to teach me how to clear the secretions. I am so unused to talking about what's bothering me I found it almost impossible but I feel a lot better now that helpful suggestions have been made.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
It's always surprising how much positive difference it can make when someone takes the time and trouble to listen, even when nothing very concrete is achieved.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
It really did Stanley and it made me feel there is something useful I can do when he starts choking. Somehow people don't realise that just hitting someone hard on the back is not always a good idea.

But I feel something was achieved. As a reward from oh I got a present of faecal incontinence.
C'est la vie!

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
I'm so glad you had a helpful doctor, bemused, especially one that offers practical suggestions.