A little success

purchase

Aug 31, 2005
England
Hi everyone

Just thought that I would let you know that I have had a little success.

As you may know my sister and I have been concerned that mom hasn't been seen by a doctor or a CPN since she went into care in May.

Well yesterday I telephoned her GP (advice you good people gave me) and expressed concern that mom hadn't been seen. They had referred her to the local psychiatric hospital in July and were surprised that she hadn't been seen. Anyway they promised to re-refer her and today I had a telephone from a psychiatrist who told me that she was seeing mom today. I expressed my concerns to her and she has said the she will see mom, request her notes from her previous consultant, compare findings and speak to me next week.

It won't help mom in the long term but if we can change her medication or somethng then maybe we can stop her crying for a while and do things with her for however long. Today I feel that I have done something positive for mom.

Will keep you posted.

Jacky

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Jacky, oh well done you! As you say, this may not help big time, but maybe a change in medication could lift her mood. When dementia comes to stay, it's the little things we do that count. Lotsaluv, She. XX

blue sea

Aug 24, 2005
England
Jacky

Great news. I really hope the psychiatrist can help your mum's symptoms. In any event you will know you have explored every avenue. keep us posted.

Blue sea

purchase

Aug 31, 2005
England
Hi everyone

Thanks for all your kind support. Psychiatrist saw mom yesterday. She is going to request mom's old notes and compare findings and will get in touch with me next week so I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again Jacky