A lifelong friend and me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
That is extremely frustrating @Palerider, we had the same with Mum's bungalow, albeit they didn't have the decency to formally pull out just went to ground never to be heard of again! Are you going to still take the rented accommodation or hang-fire?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks. I'm thinking they have probably bitten off more than they can chew with the finance side of things and with covid-19 about they have had to re-think the risks. They emailed my estate agent late last night :mad:. I would at least have had the courtesy to speak to the estate agent

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well there is a small chance the first couple who offered may come back...we shall see. Otherwise its not good as we move towards winter

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
How frustrating of your buyers to pull out at the last minute @Palerider . It's always so stressful buying and selling a house, but hopefully things will be smoother next time. Good news about having found a new place to live, and a few weeks to get sorted too.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
What a b****r! Still, you had no trouble getting a buyer before so I'm sure you'll get another (fairly) easily.

Moving in October - that's great! Is the place furnished and does it have enough room for all your stuff? Is there a garden? Tell us more!

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
It’s good news you have your new place , is it nearer work ? Just enough time to get your head round it all and get settled . I’m sure too you will secure a new buyer easily ?

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Brilliant news...but come on we are a nosey lot and want to know all the details about your new ?

Seriously though I’m made up for you, it’s good to know you have something and can make a nice settled home for yourself, it’s a shame the sale fell through but it’s going to get snapped up again so wise to proceed with your new place I think...

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Good news that you have somewhere to live @Palerider . I hope a new buyer for your mum's place materialises very soon. We're just about to put our place on the market and the estate agent think that September is a good time to sell.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks

Its a step in the right direction. Part of me doesn't want to leave here but I have to resist that feeling as sooner or later I will have to. Its hard because its another attachment that won't be easy to let go of -but all things are difficult before they become easy.

@Jaded'n'faded its a small two bedroom terrace house enough for one to three people at a push. It won't be like where I am now, but I don't needs lots of space anyway. I will have probs with the tumble dryer as the kitchen is small compared to now - but I have a space for it that I clocked on my tour round. There is small garden at the back enclosed -perfect for my mini BBQ

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
News flash the house is now back under offer, its the couple that put in the first cheeky offer, they really want it so lets hope we get to completion?

Status
Not open for further replies.