A lifelong friend and me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @Palerider, it doesn't matter if you know what is happening, it's still just as hard to accept as the journey comes to it's end. I really hope you can get to see Mum and speak some words of comfort to her - for both of you. We will all be thinking of you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to hear that @Palerider.

I do hope you get to see your mum. Thinking of you both and wishing you strength and your mum peace.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh @Palerider , I am so sorry ? , wether we know it’s coming or not it’s so very painful , I’m sure they are making sure mum is pain free and looking after her very well , sending you massive hugs and strength and mum peace . Hope you can get In to see mum soon. She sure is your best friend .Take care .?? X

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Right the CH manager has agreed to let me visit and I have to fix a time any day I wish to. So I am visiting tomorrow at 2pm to see mum in her room and just be with her. The plan is to continue her patch and add in end of life meds if she becomes distressed, so far she has not been as I am told by her lovely nurse. Hoping she holds out the night until I get to see her, which is a big worry because mum has always said she wants to go in her sleep if her time came long before dementia.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am sorry to hear that your Mum has declined but pleased that you will be able to go and see her tomorrow. I am glad to hear that she is not in distress and is comfortable and has a lovely nurse with her. Such a sad and difficult time for you. Sending you strength and hugs.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Very sorry to hear your news..I'm glad that you will be able to spend time with your mum.Sending ((hugs and thoughts))) at this most horrible time...

Amelie5a

Nov 5, 2014
Scotland
I've followed your journey since you first posted, really grateful for all that you shared.

So sorry to read this tonight - not to have seen your Mum properly for past few months, I really, really hope you get to have that precious time with her tomorrow. And that she realises you're there with her.

Sending you strength - and peace too. You've done all you could, and more, for your best friend.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Oh, I'm so sorry your mum is now at this stage, it doesn't seem that long since I first met you in the summer and your mum was still living with you then.

It brings it home to me how quickly someone with dementia can deteriorate, now my mum is in a home, I just hope that her health remains good for a long time - we have wasted so much time being apart with this pandemic.

I will be thinking of you tonight.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
As mu ch as I could see this was coming I can say hand on heart it doesn't make it any easier

It never does , particularly now with Covid-19 putting all of us in isolation.

It`s good of the care home to help you arrange a visit and I hope you get there in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm