A lifelong friend and me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I really hope that you will not need that visit to your Mum in these current times in those circumstances. I agree with the others that you made the best decision at the time to keep your Mum safe and well cared for. Your love for your Mum shines through on all of your posts. Just feel for you so much when you are obviously so concerned about your Mum and doing such a fantastic job for the rest of us ‘non key workers’
Stay safe

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I really hope that you will not need that visit to your Mum in these current times in those circumstances. I agree with the others that you made the best decision at the time to keep your Mum safe and well cared for. Your love for your Mum shines through on all of your posts. Just feel for you so much when you are obviously so concerned about your Mum and doing such a fantastic job for the rest of us ‘non key workers’
Stay safe

Thanks @Bikerbeth, just want to say the reality is that everyone on here that cares for someone is a keyworker and without you guys the system would fall apart and its time that was fully recognised.

Its so difficult and at times like this many of us who are alone get forgotten whether we are still caring or have moved on from direct care. I also think that members of TP have been remarkedly reserved and kept their cool and this is great example for other forums where chaos and fear has ensued -so keep up the resilliance everyone its important not to let fear rule our lives -we shall prevail ?

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Just heard a bit on the Beeb - they asked care homes and care agencies if they had enough PPE for their needs. 80% said no.

How can we stop the spread if these people (and many are now caring for people who have Covid-19) don't have the equipment to do their jobs?

?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Update from the care home, mum is not eating and drinking and this has been going on now for the last 4 weeks or so and she is loosing weight. I suspect this is another downturn with her Alzheimer's. It seems that things have been spiralling quicker and quicker and I am wondering now if she we see the end of the lockdown. Very emotional and obviously I woulkd give anything to visit her.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh Simon, Im so sorry to hear your news. Im not surprised that you are feeling emotional
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
So sorry to hear this about your Mum @Palerider - and know how hard this must be for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Any chance of sending Mum a little goodie package, with a message and picture of you c/o a named carer/manager at the CH? Just a couple of bits that you know may tempt Mum? I had the best success with the very well known (guilt free) brand of tetrapak fruit smoothies - they would be 'postable'. Just a thought.

Take care X

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
This is the last thing you need to worry about with your very stressful job as a key worker. I really don't know how you are coping, you must be so tired after a shift at the hospital then probably not sleeping well with worry about your mum.

Is there any food that might tempt her, I seem to remember that she liked cream cakes so maybe one of those luxury yogurts? Or does she have a favourite drink, non alcoholic of course!

The no visitors ban is so hard, I've not seen mum for over two weeks while she is in hospital and it's so hard getting through to the ward as obviously the nurses are so busy.

Take care

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
What another week with work .....and reading stuff on here and on other dementia forums its so hard for everyone now, so I'm posting this again as my own nominated song:

Status
Not open for further replies.